Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Canada's Drag Race: Canada vs. The World

COOOK

Featured Posts

9e86b9e9-21d5-474c-838d-b73fe152124b.jpg

Welcome to the official Canada's Drag Race Canada vs. The World thread! Here we'll be discussing this season as each week's episode premieres. Please keep spoilers under the *SPOILER* tab... and slay!!

Edited by COOOK
  • YAAAS 7
  • Shook 3

alsemanche
Spoiler

Is it also gonna serve robbery and meltdowns like uk vs. world :bradley:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • LMAO 5

MaybeKermit

Can someone explain the whole Uk vs/Canada Vs thing?

why dont they just call it ‘international edition’ or sth like that? Is there a reason behind it? (Havent watched the UK vs world season yet)

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Brooklynn Hytes is rumored to not be competing, while we still don't know if RuPaul and Michelle will be there yet.

DrKindnessKunt1999
13 minutes ago, COOOK said:
  Hide contents

Brooklynn Hytes is rumored to not be competing, while we still don't know if RuPaul and Michelle will be there yet.

Spoiler

Isn’t it rumored that Brooke Lynn Hytes is going to be a judge in the show along with the other Drag Race Canada judges? 

• Like 1

alsemanche
14 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

why dont they just call it ‘international edition’ or sth like that? Is there a reason behind it? (Havent watched the UK vs world season yet)

Its basically moving countries for each season. This year UK hosted it, next season will be Canada hosting. I guss the judges also will change based on each hosting country.

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Luke78619

I hope Brooke Lynn is the judge for this, kinda cool to have an all stars spin off where it’s not always Ru being the main judge 

Edited by Luke78619
insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

16 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

I think some of the intention is to bring All Stars seasons to the other franchises that don’t have as many queens on file for a country specific All Stars season yet. The US had 4 seasons already when All Stars started. 

UK vs TW was filmed immediately after UK season 3 and while season 2 was currently airing, so they really only had season 1 queens to work with. Canada only has 2 seasons filmed so far. And this was filmed before Down Under had aired. 

I could see it keeping the “X vs The World” format for a little while, but I also think it’s a good thing since it helps bring attention to these other strong contestants from around the world as well as their respective franchises. Just think of how many people are going to watch Drag Race Thailand just to see more of Pangina. (And I totally agree and support that endeavor :river:)

Just think of it as the Homolympics

• Like 3

thatfoxyfeeling

I mean I’m enjoying UK vs The World but holy f how many seasons of drag race a year are we getting. It’s hard to keep up with them all, feel like the format needs a breather because it feels like a lot of Queens aren’t getting the attention/spotlight they deserve before a new season starts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

myluis617
1 hour ago, Luke78619 said:

I hope Brooke Lynn is the judge for this, kinda cool to have an all stars spin off where it’s not always Ru being the main judge 

I really hope not I think Ru should take over the VS the world seasons, brooklyn can be just another judge. 

• Like 4

BlingNotTheMusic

This is insane but I'm excited. I kinda wish regular drag race would follow these elimination rules. It needs a refresher.

Pamplemousse

my dreamcast would be something like this :party:

Brooke Lynn Hytes as Main Judge

3 Queens From Canada: Scarlett Bobo (S1), Pythia and Kendall Gender or Gia Metric (S2)

2 Queens From US: Katya (AS2) and Kennedy Davenport (AS3) or Ra'Jah O'Hara (AS6)

2 Queens From UK: Bimini and Tayce (S2) or Ella and Kitty (S3)

1 Queen From Holland: Keta Minaj or My Little Puny (S2)

1 Queen From Thailand: Anne Maywong (S1), or Kandy Zyanide or Kana Warrior (S2)

1 Queen From Down Under: Art Simone or Anita Wigl'it (S1)

1 Queen From Spain: Killer Queen or Sagittaria or Hugáceo Crujiente (S1)

1 Queen From Italy: Farida Kant (S1)

And in the next seasons, I'd like to see queens from Drag Race Philipines, France, Mexico (tba) and Brazil (tba).

*I did not included The Switch Drag Race (the Chilean spin-off) since is no longer in production.*

Edited by Pamplemousse
I added more info
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 2

They should expand to countries that didn't have the Drag Race franchise like Japan, Singapore or Vietnam just to make a new variety.

The title could be like: RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars in Singapore 

Oh I don't know...

• COOOK changed the title to Canada's Drag Race: Canada vs. The World