💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Joni Mitchell Also Removing Her Music From Spotify

Kalinda

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Ugh i just love seeing big companies get sh*t like that. Me and my cracked spotify APK that I barely use anyway stay winning :billie:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
6 hours ago, Lady JarJar said:

Was paying through debit, it was like a form of harassment :messga:

Oh yes, debit is a bit slow to update your payment preferences. I remember long time ago, I use debit card as deposit when staying in a hotel and learned how wrong that move was. :diane:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Sneaky Oliver

Wait- I thought Spotify was supporting vaccines and Neil Young was an antivaxx:saladga: so is it the other way around?

I’m on my Legacy Act era

alsemanche
4 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Wait- I thought Spotify was supporting vaccines and Neil Young was an antivaxx:saladga: so is it the other way around?

yes :billie: Joe Rogan has the podcast on Spotify, Neil Young removed his music because of that

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Moonlight on Water
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Oh yes, debit is a bit slow to update your payment preferences. I remember long time ago, I use debit card as deposit when staying in a hotel and learned how wrong that move was. :diane:

Ooh lord . . . do you have to cancel in advance then or just pay straight up with cash

she/her

Papergangstuh

Spotify is trash and always has been. Their interface is horrible. Why it's always been more popular than Apple Music is beyond me.

12 hours ago, Alannah said:

I really appreciate the sentiment of those artists (even though it also feels loaded as a PR grab, but what isn't when you're a celebrity, I suppose) - but I believe Spotify has a contract with that a-hole and his stupid podcast. Unless Spotify wants to take that legal hit AND revenue hit (unfortunately I don't think these pulls will prevent them from making money), they're not going to cancel it.

Edited to add: I would keep my Premium account and have mad respect for them if they did. But I don't think they will.

These are two artists that are certainly not doing it for the “PR grab.”

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Lady JarJar said:

Ooh lord . . . do you have to cancel in advance then or just pay straight up with cash

The payment went thru but when the hotel about to return the deposit when I checked out, it took like 2 months of me calling my bank to get those $100 back :patrizia:

Such an unnecessary drama and stress. But learned my lesson and never using debit again for most payment except grocery :billie:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Magic Mike

While I prefer Apple Music and suspect Spotify's totalitarian intentions to serve as many people as possible, it's strange this ultimatum gesture that artists impose on the platform. As if they were clamouring for a new kind of censorship (this time, to idiots). I don't really know what to think about this. If I were a writer selling in a bookshop next to a book I hate, I don't know what right I would have to blackmail the bookshop owner. In other words, I understand the cause and I align myself against misinformation, but I fear that this gesture could be replicated over and over again, by parties on both left and right.

Cameltoe Chariot
2 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

While I prefer Apple Music and suspect Spotify's totalitarian intentions to serve as many people as possible, it's strange this ultimatum gesture that artists impose on the platform. As if they were clamouring for a new kind of censorship (this time, to idiots). I don't really know what to think about this. If I were a writer selling in a bookshop next to a book I hate, I don't know what right I would have to blackmail the bookshop owner. In other words, I understand the cause and I align myself against misinformation, but I fear that this gesture could be replicated over and over again, by parties on both left and right.

Spotify paid $100 million dollars for Joe Rogan’s podcast, which promotes conspiracy theory anti-vaxx bullsh*t among other problematic and dangerous ideas.

Meanwhile musicians, who are the backbone of Spotify, get paid cents for streams.

I think Joni and Neil’s ultimatum makes a ton of sense - it isn’t about censorship, it’s about the literal financing of disinformation and not wanting to be a part of it.

Beanybb

Honestly Gaga should follow, she preaches the most about being COVID safe so it makes sense. It won't hurt her wallet at all and all her music is on Youtube.

hereforstemslol

she's leaving the consequences on her fans and not the executives who give a little sh*t about her music. no way is every mainstream artist joining this movement so it'll just fade away and this "groundbreaking" action will be pointless

Alannah
On 1/29/2022 at 10:02 AM, MACATL said:

These are two artists that are certainly not doing it for the “PR grab.”

I don't think it's only for PR, but there's no harm in doing something for good press and a good cause. Everything has the added weight of press when you have a notoriety as high as Neil Young and Joni MItchell's. They'll benefit from a boost of sale in their music and support from their fans but also standing up for what they believe is right. 

Archived