💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Eilish under fire for free labour fan art contest

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Oriane

I think it's the label they should be mad at, I don't think she's that involved in the project that she knows all the details of how it works.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa
1 hour ago, Togekiss said:

I’m sure, but Gaga’s not slapping that art on a $10 dollar tee and selling it for $65 unless I’m missing something

she def is

gaga’s merch is very low quality

androiduser

maybe I misunderstood something, but in the highlighted text, it says the entries will be "fully paid" for their work if it's used?

Luv u Sum

the online hate towards specific people is so tiring
. like so many artists do this all the time and yes it isn’t the best for certain reasons but gaga has done this, katy has done this, and now because billie is doing it it’s an issue :bye:

Naak Le Vaar

I mean she signed off on it, even if the label wanted her to do it shes famous now, not a lowly aspiring beginning artist forced to blindly follow the labels wishes. Shes partly to blame also.

Lmao they blocked my signature

Roseblud Kisses

This is so evil. Adobe is paying Billie how many millions for this? And the “winner” gets a measly $10K but zero royalties from their own artwork?:patrizia:

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

Not The Real Gaga

I don't think it's that shady. They don't wanna risk getting sued if they ever release something that closely reassembles one of the submitted pieces. It's kinda a general thing that applies to most of these competitions. 

Also, it's something the artists should know about if they submit their work. They accept these conditions and shouldn't complain afterwards.

However, I don't think they will literally steal people's work because we live in the age of social media... doing so would be a PR disaster for them, so I'm pretty sure they will contact the artist if they wanna use their work.

Not The Real Gaga
3 minutes ago, CRUISING said:

This is so evil. Adobe is paying Billie how many millions for this? And the “winner” gets a measly $10K but zero royalties from their own artwork?:patrizia:

It's not evil. It's normal to sign off rights in return for getting paid. $10k is a lot of money for a piece of art.

StressedOut

Nobody is forcing anyone to submit anything?? Lmfao, there were similar qualms when they had this contest with gaga 

RahrahWitch

These fan art contests are exploitative. 

The money an artist could make from royalties for the commercial license of their Art for official merch from someone like Billie would be much much higher than the grand prize and while Billie might not know that, the companies that set these up most definitely do. 

They don't have to search for talent and pay them for designs and instead get thousands of artworks to choose from for free, only paying a 10k flat fee to the winner which is very low ball. If they added a royalty percentage It wouldn't be as bad.

HEARTSTOP

People have the choice to not participate if they don't agree with the terms, and they should stop acting like they don't have a choice. You don't have to sign into everything that is thrown at you...

If no one agrees, then maybe they will stop doing these things, but most fans will be happy to even have the chance to share their artwork with their idol.

This is not a job offer, this is a volunteering situation.

IDGAF

Robinladen
4 hours ago, Lovelife said:

yikes! what happened to the AdobeXGaga competition awhile ago? 

Wasnt it won by a Katy Perry fan

Robinladen

A lot of fans will create artwork of their favorite artists for fun. It's nice to be able to win €10K for it. Until they actually exploit an artwork from someone losing the competition to make merch, I don't see an issue with it. You're not forced to join this competition.

DoremonLove
5 hours ago, Fanta said:

Celebrities need a reality check sometimes. Even the 'down to earth' ones can be so far removed from what the everyday person experience is. Thousands of fans will be participating and getting nothing.

I'm looking at Gaga as well. Little Monsters are some of the (if not the) most talented fans. I have seen some stunning artwork over the last decade, and I vividly recall Gaga hosting the exact same 'contest' recently.

The game I'm currently playing got called out for the same issue, and they've been hosting multiple contests recently with more winners that receive $ and in-game rewards as well as shout outs on all their official platforms. They also routinely credit and promote community artists on social media.

There are many ways to uplift artists online without scamming them or using them for free labor. This is embarrassing and kinda trashy ngl.

But gaga didnt use the art for merchandise hows it same

How can anoyone not love gaga

Archived