đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Super Thursday: HOG shut out

Dennis

Featured Posts

Today was the super thursday of the guilds, which are important precursors of the Oscars

House of Gucci was shut out from ACE, WGA and most importantly PGA (which it was supposed to make). So expectations must be toned down here.

After its overperformance on January 12th, House of Gucci underwhelms today and is probably looking less likely to get a Best Picture nomination this year.

Being The Ricardos made both WGA and PGA, which bodes well for Kidman's chances

https://www.nextbestpicture.com/latest/the-2021-writers-guild-of-america-wga-nominations5962982

https://www.nextbestpicture.com/latest/the-2021-american-cinema-editors-ace-eddie-awards-nominations

https://www.nextbestpicture.com/latest/the-2021-producers-guild-of-america-pga-nominations2592632

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean Gaga isn’t close to the top 3 frontrunners even after the overperformance at the BAFTA and SAG anyways so this isn’t surprising

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Patriziaa Reggiani
2 minutes ago, Stef said:

I mean Gaga isn’t close to the top 3 frontrunners even after the overperformance at the BAFTA and SAG anyways so this isn’t surprising

Top 3 front runners?

I will not watch House of Gucci

Why am I not surprised that you made this thread. You keep setting up Gaga to be dragged and magically disappear when she’s nominated for awards :billie:

How did you expect House of Gucci to be nominated at directors and writers guilds when writing and direction is literally what it was criticised for?

And literally no one is expecting House of Gucci to be nominated for best picture. 

Gagaism
2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Were we ever thinking HOG would be nominated for Best Picture? I sure wasn't. 

This. We will be lucky if we see it getting moms on fashion or other cinematography categories and I feel like there’s still a chance to Gaga get a best actress nomination. We will see.

If anyone cares:

When it comes to guilds, House of Gucci was only expected to be nominated by 1. Screen actors guild, 2. Costume designers guild and 3. Hair and makeup artists guild. And it has been nominated at all three of them. 

Bradley

Our expectations were really on the acting performances. There was a slim chance it would get some Best Picture recognition but it was never in the bag. The writing is somewhat okay but not critically acclaimed.

I'd say Gaga's chances, even if affected, are still pretty good. It's really the acting in this film that shines here.

elijahfan

It did make the Screen Actors Guild, Hollywood Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist Guild and the Costume Designers Guild Awards, which are low-key the three categories it realistically has a chance at for the Oscars, so I'm not sure what's the big deal here.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Meat said:

If anyone cares:

When it comes to guilds, House of Gucci was only expected to be nominated by 1. Screen actors guild, 2. Costume designers guild and 3. Hair and makeup artists guild. And it has been nominated at all three of them. 

Well you beat me to it :iamfair:

Patriziaa Reggiani

I just Hope Gaga gets nominated at the BAFTAs and OSCARs feb3rd and Feb 8th!

Patriziaa Reggiani
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

It did make the Screen Actors Guild, Hollywood Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist Guild and the Costume Designers Guild Awards, which are low-key the three categories it realistically has a chance at for the Oscars, so I'm not sure what's the big deal here.

Yes this!

2 minutes ago, Meat said:

If anyone cares:

Also this! 

HorusRa2

Honestly, who cares? Gaga got what she needed from the movie. People praised her the most out of everyone (I feel). Not every movie she's in is going to get an Oscar nom. I love her but that's just not going to happen, lol. 

The film did a good job keeping her in the public eye in a positive way that also doesn't oversaturate her in the consumer market (music & film). Especially since Chromatica didn't go as well as planned and she's probably not releasing music for another 2 years. 

Hope this serves to cool things down, I think lots of people here still think she will get an oscar for both movie and best actress :huntyga:

Let's stop creating negative narratives because we by our mass thoughts can create reality.

Thinking negatively does not help create a better reality.

Gaga was and still is praised for her impactful performance in House of Gucci.

Gaga is a super strong contender for Best Actress at the Oscars.

Gaga will be nominated as Best Actress for House of Gucci.

❤️

Archived