💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Super Thursday: HOG shut out

Dennis

Featured Posts

HookerOnAChurch

I just know that I want Gaga to be nominated for Best Actress. There's no way HoG will be nominated as Best Picture and everybody knows it. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MelbHawker

I don’t think anyone is expecting Gucci to receive a Best Picture nomination.. :toofunny:

Its chances / awards buzz have purely been for acting re: Gaga & Jared. 

MelbHawker
12 hours ago, IHE said:

Nicole Kidman likely has this in the bag. It's exactly the type of role that wins.

It really baffles me how Nicole’s chances have become huge since the Globes. I’ve seen bits & pieces of her film, & whilst it’s of high quality I don’t think it’s her best work. Kristen’s work is much stronger. 

14 hours ago, Dennis said:

After its overperformance on January 12th, House of Gucci underwhelms today 

All guilds are NOT the same! 

SAG (actors) is the LEAST elitist (>160,000 members). They value hard work. There's NO such thing as trying too hard! 🙂

You're a genius and brag about showing up on set and winging it? Try harder next time. 

DGA (directors) is the MOST elitist. They tend to nominate veteran directors who've done great work in the past. There's a category for first-time directors. 

PGA (producers) is the most REALISTIC. Money. You made a great movie on a tiny budget? You're in! An OK movie on a $100 million budget? What a waste. 🙂

WGA (writers) is the most ARTISTIC. Writing is lonely, and writers rarely get the credit they deserve. (Several critically-acclaimed movies are not eligible due to WGA rules.)

she/her/hers

15 hours ago, Dennis said:

After its overperformance on January 12th, House of Gucci underwhelms today

As for BAFTA, Ridley is BRITISH! And Europeans are more familiar with the Gucci saga than Americans.

Since a diversity committee was introduced in May 2020, the FINAL nominees tend to be more diverse.

she/her/hers

SevenAteNine
18 hours ago, Gagaism said:

This. We will be lucky if we see it getting moms on fashion or other cinematography categories and I feel like there’s still a chance to Gaga get a best actress nomination. We will see.

Moms?..sorry.....MOMS???

RIP 9.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:07 AM, MelbHawker said:

It really baffles me how Nicole’s chances have become huge since the Globes. I’ve seen bits & pieces of her film, & whilst it’s of high quality I don’t think it’s her best work. Kristen’s work is much stronger. 

Oh I agree. She is amazing as Diana, mesmerizing.

Archived