💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Spotify removes Neil Young's music after he objects to Joe Rogan's podcast

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

gettyimages-1174743437-1--820e0b51ee0e58

Spotify is in the process of removing famed singer-songwriter Neil Young's recordings from its streaming platform, the company announced Wednesday. 

On Monday, Young had briefly posted an open letter on his own website, asking his management and record label to remove his music from the streaming giant, as a protest against the platform's distribution of podcaster Joe Rogan. Rogan has been widely criticized for spreading misinformation about coronavirus vaccines on his podcast, which is now distributed exclusively on Spotify. 

As of Wednesday afternoon, Young's albums were still available to stream on Spotify. In a statement sent to NPR Wednesday afternoon, a Spotify spokesperson wrote: "We want all the world's music and audio content to be available to Spotify users. With that comes great responsibility in balancing both safety for listeners and freedom for creators. We have detailed content policies in place and we've removed over 20,000 podcast episodes related to COVID since the start of the pandemic. We regret Neil's decision to remove his music from Spotify, but hope to welcome him back soon."

Source

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

we've removed over 20,000 podcast episodes related to COVID since the start of the pandemic.

Well they missed one I guess :bear: The fact that they'd rather remove the entire catalogue of an artist instead of a disgusting and harmful podcast is gross to say the least 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Arcadia

Such a sensationalist article title. No, Spotify didn’t remove that guy’s music because he objected Joe Rogan. The guy wrote a performative letter to his own label to remove his music from the platform.

So tired of all this performative activism. Yawn, next.

OysterBaby

He has had them remove it and add it back on several times lol. Once he said he was going to start his own Tidal :mark:

Bonkers

The title of this thread is misleading.

Spotify is following Neil Youngs REQUEST to have his music removed because they would not meet his demand to alter their TOS in a way that would ban Joe Rogan.

While I agree Joe Rogan should not be on Spotify, I don't think other artists on the platform have a right to set Spotify's TOS.

I support Neil Young and thank him for taking this stand, but Spotify is not removing his music because of his objection, but rather they are not complying with his demand and are therefore removing his music at his request.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

PartySick
3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

The title of this thread is misleading.

Spotify is following Neil Youngs REQUEST to have his music removed because they would not meet his demand to alter their TOS in a way that would ban Joe Rogan.

While I agree Joe Rogan should not be on Spotify, I don't think other artists on the platform have a right to set Spotify's TOS.

I support Neil Young and thank him for taking this stand, but Spotify is not removing his music because of his objection, but rather they are not complying with his demand and are therefore removing his music at his request.

The title says "after", not "because" so I think it's fine :huh:

Anyway, good for him tbh. Sad I won't be able to stream his stuff anymore but he took a stand and stuck with it.

🖤

Teletubby
18 minutes ago, OysterBaby said:

He has had them remove it and add it back on several times lol. Once he said he was going to start his own Tidal :mark:

he sold his catalog last year and now Hipgnosis Songs Fund will lost royalties, not him:mark:

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Pennywise

I hope we don't have any Joe Rogan fans in this site :ohwell:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

RAMROD

His songs are gone now except two. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RahrahWitch

Not surprised to be honest, Spotify spent millions to get Joe Rogan to spread misinformation on their site :flop:

Archived