Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Post Malone doesn’t care about number one songs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Post Malone tried to make a more concise record, and he alluded to some potential tension with his label, Republic, over the album’s length, which is expected to be a relatively tight 45 minutes. 

“Trying to shove 20 to 25 songs, it doesn’t work,” Post Malone said. “Talking to the label [it’s like], ‘Oh, if you have less songs, you’re not going to stream as much,’ but the whole thing is that you don’t want to compromise your art and your gut vibe on anything. I’ve made a lot of compromises, especially musically, but now I don’t feel like I want to anymore. I don’t need a Number One; that doesn’t matter to me no more, and at a point, it did.”

Post Malone has yet to announce any official details about his album Twelve Carat Toothache.

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Watching how different artists adapt to streaming and the choices they make with song lengths, album lengths, number of tracks and how verses and choruses are structured is really interesting.

Post Malone is very much an old-skool musician (he's an amazing guitarist) so watching him be pigeon holed into trap music, short song lengths, long albums etc is a shame.

PartySick
1 hour ago, ImMatt said:

Post Malone is very much an old-skool musician (he's an amazing guitarist)

Does he have music that reflects this? I haven't streamed much from him 'cause the only hit of his I've liked was Sunflower but if he has good music out there I want it :giveup:

🖤

Economy
10 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Does he have music that reflects this? I haven't streamed much from him 'cause the only hit of his I've liked was Sunflower but if he has good music out there I want it :giveup:

I like that one but my fav id say is wow

Future Lovers
4 hours ago, PartySick said:

He's never gone outright into that style no, but he's flirted with it a few times. Hollywood's Bleeding has several cuts that lean more into the sort of music he plays personally. Circles for example is a very chill and mellow guitar driven song. He likes rap music and got his start in pure rap, but as he's gone along he's swerved in different directions, now leans more pop than anything. But as he was saying in the article, he has made a lot of compromises in the past and is over it, so we may see him lead into this further. 

22 hours ago, PartySick said:

Not really any main releases but this video shows some of his covers with just him and an acoustic guitar. Blew my mind that the "auto-tuned trap rapper" was the same person as this :shocked:

Also he did a full livestream performance with him and his band a little while ago where he just covered a load of Nirvana songs on electric guitar. Really good if you're into heavy metal

Archived