news

Lady Gaga and Jake Gyllenhaal COVERS Variety Actor on Actors issue

Patriziaa Reggiani

Featured Posts

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewUsername

One of the hottest men on the planet and one of the hottest women on the planet together on a cover! :giveup: 

Luke78619

I’m so confused about why Taylor is being mentioned throughout this thread :rip: is there beef or did he work with her or summ? 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Glamourpuss

They both look great but Gaga looks so young here. I can see her younger self in that photo. :flutter:

LilyLark
55 minutes ago, previously said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again! She's snatching the role from Annaleigh Ashford and starring in Sunday In The Park With George at the savoy with Jake :ohwell:

Didn't post this back in the day because I thought monsters on twitter might take it and be inappropriate, but Sondheim (a legend) tended to snark on some female pop stars (including Gaga). Again, not just Gaga, but I remember when she did the Sound of Music performance a couple of Broadway legends raved or liked positive tweets on twitter (I think Patti did) and he gave some quote like "she was awful." Which, you know, he was entitled to do so but I always found it a bit ironic since he was fine/loved Meryl singing and Meryl....she has at best an "okay" voice...and most of the female pop stars he didn't take seriously could out sing Meryl any day of the week. But that kind of snobbery is pretty common in musical theater...which is one of the reasons I wonder if Gaga will ever do Sondheim as I imagine that will be brought up again.

Again, not bashing him, he was a legend and RIP

Just now, Luke78619 said:

I’m so confused about why Taylor is being mentioned throughout this thread :rip: is there beef or did he work with her or summ? 

They dated for two months a decade ago, Taylor wrote an entire song about him and her fans are obsessed with hating him ever since 

Lady Gaga Reaction GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

ughh pleasee they are going to praise each other for the whole 20 minutes of the interview, they are both pleasers.

i was expecting someone excitig that  would take Gaga out of her comfort zone like Jamie Lee Curtis

LilyLark
1 minute ago, Meat said:

They dated for two months a decade ago, Taylor wrote an entire song about him and her fans are obsessed with hating him ever since 

IMO she was perfectly entitled to write the song and even re-release it. I don't doubt it was manipulative. The music video was a bit much, especially considering she had her own problematic age gap relationship (and tbh 30 and 20, while somewhat skeezy, is just as skeezy as 22 year old Taylor dating a barely 18 year old high school senior that she had met while he was 17, as was her putting out a whole extra song from the vault that was clearly about him.

Anyway, watch Taylor stans and monsters start some dumb twitter feud over this even though the interview has nothing to do with Taylor.

pedrohemg
2 minutes ago, dojo said:

Lady Gaga Reaction GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

ughh pleasee they are going to praise each other for the whole 20 minutes of the interview, they are both pleasers.

i was expecting someone excitig that  would take Gaga out of her comfort zone like Jamie Lee Curtis

Tbh, now that the cover was revealed, I think it was a good choice. We were expecting someone like Meryl, but HOG is only Gaga second biggest movie. She would've a lot to talk about Meryl's career, but Meryl would be limited to ASIB and HOG. So a young actor like Jake, I think they can drive the conversation somewhere they'll both be comfortable.

Sugar Baby

Omg I love Jake Gyllenhaal so much  ever since I watched Brokeback Mountain, them together in a film is a DREAM

please make it happen :kiss::pray:

previously
8 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Didn't post this back in the day because I thought monsters on twitter might take it and be inappropriate, but Sondheim (a legend) tended to snark on some female pop stars (including Gaga). Again, not just Gaga, but I remember when she did the Sound of Music performance a couple of Broadway legends raved or liked positive tweets on twitter (I think Patti did) and he gave some quote like "she was awful." Which, you know, he was entitled to do so but I always found it a bit ironic since he was fine/loved Meryl singing and Meryl....she has at best an "okay" voice...and most of the female pop stars he didn't take seriously could out sing Meryl any day of the week. But that kind of snobbery is pretty common in musical theater...which is one of the reasons I wonder if Gaga will ever do Sondheim as I imagine that will be brought up again.

Again, not bashing him, he was a legend and RIP

I was partly joking because I could not see her doing it at all! If Gaga gets offered a Sondheim film or show she would take it. I'd rather see her in a play than a musical but it's Gaga and she'd die to do Sondheim 

Sugar Baby
9 minutes ago, Meat said:

Taylor absolutely did the most with him tbh, he is a nice guy and they only dated for like 2 months :saladga:

• CyanLights changed the title to Gaga and Jake Full Video Interview for Variety

Archived