💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over ‘False Information’

Chesescake

Featured Posts

Chesescake

And some how ppl were freakout about it like a 13 years old twitter stan?

“I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them. Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule.”

“They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.” Young is referencing the steady stream of misinformation about vaccines that Joe Rogan has peddled on The Joe Rogan Experience. Last month, 270 doctors, physicians, and science educators signed an open letter asking Spotify to stop spreading Rogan’s baseless claims.

Teletubby

Spotify will remove Neil Young’s music from its platform, per his request, following his objections to Joe Rogan’s statements about the Covid-19 vaccine on his Spotify-hosted show. The music is expected to be removed later Wednesday.
source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

I get his frustration, he has spoke some seriously good points in the past but this really isnt it. Sadly, theres no way they would get rid of a hugely popular podcast for Niel Youngs music, which I doubt gets much traffic these days. If Spotify took down any podcast that has any misinformation in it, they would probably have like 10

PartySick

And that is what we call having principles :applause: I guess I have to buy physical copies of his music now.

🖤

Teletubby
23 minutes ago, Medusa said:

I get his frustration, he has spoke some seriously good points in the past but this really isnt it. Sadly, theres no way they would get rid of a hugely popular podcast for Niel Youngs music, which I doubt gets much traffic these days. If Spotify took down any podcast that has any misinformation in it, they would probably have like 10

this is all weird because Neil Young sold his catalog (590 songs) for $150M to Hipgnosis last year so he won't lose anything when they remove these songs from Spotify :huh:

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

DelusionalGaga
23 minutes ago, Medusa said:

Well, I don't think Neil Young alone will be enough for Spotify to cave but I think it could certainly start a conversation and create enough backlash so that at some point Spotify had to deal with the issue. 

Archived