Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Damon Albarn: “Taylor Swift doesn’t write her own songs"

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only is this take weird, it's also factually incorrect. Taylor is the only writer on the entire Speak Now album and on many songs on the rest of her album.

Also, I just checked this man's latest album's credits and... he has a co-writer on 9 out of 11 songs. lmao

elijahfan

I think he aimed at the wrong target on this one. What he's talking about is a real thing in the music industry, but I'm not sure it applies to miss Tay Tay.

Also, when is it ever a good idea for a public figure to bad-mouth another public figure? I hope he'll enjoy the storm that's coming his way.

TheFame Monster
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I think he aimed at the wrong target on this one. What he's talking about is a real thing in the music industry, but I'm not sure it applies to miss Tay Tay.

Also, when is it ever a good idea for a public figure to bad-mouth another public figure? I hope he'll enjoy the storm that's coming his way.

Taylor Swift is one of the last people he should have gave as an example

DelusionalGaga

Imagine if all of this was an elaborate plan to hype up Speak Now (Taylor's Version)? :gum:

3 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Imagine if all of this was an elaborate plan to hype up Speak Now (Taylor's Version)? :gum:

I smell at within 5 mins of reading... Tay's response seems so... staged :ph34r:

gumzy3000

I kind of see what this guy is talking about, but Taylor Swift is the LAST person he should be directing this to.

As much as I love them, Rihanna and Britney, for example, have been accused of being "cowriters" in this dudes context, as in they hardly contribute anything to the songwriting yet they get credit for it in the end. This is not a diss, but it's the truth for a huge majority of these artists songs. 

The thing is that Taylor Swift CAN NOT be lumped into the same category. Her songwriting is on a completely different level and its SO OBVIOUS. Yes, she does collaborate (is that wrong?) and her songs with Jack Antonoff are some of her best, but they truly feel like a collab where she is in control. Jack does not make as good songs with other artists like he does with Taylor. She really is the heart of thier creative process and songwriting. 

Also, let's not forget there are literally songs Taylor wrote all on her own. A simple Google search would show this.. 

trolly troll troll

Rat Boy

Taylor Swift has a reputation for being a song writer - he chose the worst example. I think he‘a one of those ‘edgy’ people who thinks poorly of pop music. :rip:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

RichAssPiss

There are 0 co-writers on Speak Now, which she did to prove a point to all the sexist men who discredited her after she won Album of the Year. I sometimes wonder why so many mediocre older white men hate on Taylor and other young women but laud Billie. I think having Finneas stand next to her really helps temper them a bit. It's sad. He basically said as much here. 

TheFame Monster
21 minutes ago, Oregano said:

I smell at within 5 mins of reading... Tay's response seems so... staged :ph34r:

Can this woman not react to anything negative or will it always be a calculated move? Because I just see her writing in her tweet as articulate. She’s being patronized by another man for his dishonesty

MessyTop

Omg. That poor Damon guy is getting dragged!!! Swifties are in full attack mode! He doesn’t know the tsunami of attacks that are coming. His PR( if he even has one) should do something 

Also:

PawsUpJago

Gorillaz are absolutely legendary so this saddens me that he stooped to this level, I think there's truth to what he's saying but Taylor is not a good example of it. 

I don't like Taylor's music but the one thing I know about her is that she is known for her being a solid songwriter generally. 

I think she's far better as a songwriter (bar a few tracks still) than she ever was a singer or performer, so this is a weird thing to accuse her of. 

Pop Music

his response to Tay's tweet 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Archived