💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Damon Albarn: “Taylor Swift doesn’t write her own songs"

Teletubby

Featured Posts

I'm far from surprised by old hags actively misemploying their platform by contributing to the virulent narrative that has plagued female songwriters in the music industry for decades on end. While Taylor penned the entire “Speak Now” album by herself at the age of 19, a mere Wikipedia search reveals that Damon had 3 co-writers on his last solo record—or does that not count? :ohwell:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProdigyARTPOP

This man is basically saying that Gaga doesn’t write either which isn’t a smart take 

ProfessionalClown

Taylor literally has an entire album dedicated to this entire criticism: Speak Now.  She wrote every single song on her own, no co-writer. Nothing but her, a pen, and paper. That’s it 

likeitrough
52 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

I’m more attracted to that than to Taylor Swift. It’s just darker — less endlessly upbeat. Way more minor and odd.

I feel like this is the actual problem that he has with her music- it's pop music.

monstertoronto

He’s just factually wrong. But the fact that he jumps onto just “co-writing” as the full basis of his argument when he completely ignores her many solo written songs shows he’s just out to trash her, it’s not a logical argument at all. 

TheFame Monster
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

The follow up tweet:air:

I love how ruthless she has become since reputation 

holy scheisse

the "SO damaging" part in Tay's response makes me think a defamation lawsuit is in the works

Sue Taylor Swift GIF

HiddenWeirdo
22 minutes ago, nswain1110 said:

This annoys me endlessly. Taylor swift comes to co writers with almost fully formed melody’s  and lyrics. It’s virtually all her WHEN she brings in a co-writer. Otherwise she has PLENTY of songs she’s written completely on her own with a piano or guitar. Speak Now was her first album with zero co writes and she did that because her critics, like this dude, were crapping on her for working with co writers on some of her work. Taylor Swift IS the best songwriter of this generation and homeboy can stay mad about it. 

I agree on everything you said except for the part with „the best songwriter of this generation“. 

I think she‘s very good but (to me) Lorde‘s Melodrama really set the bar high.

Sneaky Oliver

Some people - including ones from this site - need to understand the final song in the album has been part of a creative process. A song is rarely just “one song”, it can change from demo to demo, from every stage of the creative process.

Gaga (for example) can write a song by herself and bring the original lyrics to the studio and the producers might suggest a few changes. It doesn’t mean Gaga isn’t able to write a song on her own. Now the producers become co-writes obviously to get the more coins from the released track! 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

holy scheisse
8 minutes ago, likeitrough said:

I feel like this is the actual problem that he has with her music- it's pop music.

yeah-- basically his whole thing with why billie was better is that her music is "darker" and not "upbeat" so is his problem with taylor that shes too happy or something? lol homeboy didnt even listen to folklore apparently...

Anderson123

Uh oh. See you in court and the music video for the next shade Vault song from 1989 Taylor’s Version about this feud. 

Archived