Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was ARTPOP a pre-cursor to Hyperpop?

Dojo

Was ARTPOP a pre-cursor to hyperpop?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Was ARTPOP a pre-cursor to Hyperpop?

Featured Posts

enissa11
5 minutes ago, Staryu17 said:

Why is everybody always giving EDM a bad name. It's such a glorious genre and ARTPOP did it real well, while still adding a lot of new styles in between - funk, disco, electronic, trap, rock etc

Sigh.. 

they think that EDM is reduced to the watered down version of it that peaked in the early 2010's

Mad Architect of Light

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

they think that EDM is reduced to the watered down version of it that peaked in the early 2010's

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952dec35b0ae2c453742

Roseblud Kisses

Meh, ARTPOP is something that will be spoken about for decades to come, with it’s synthesis of high art and consumerist trash culture, while hyperpop, which has no philosophy, is merely is a reflection of a horrible time in music:iamfair:

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

TimisaMonster

If she had been allowed to release her VISION of the glorious rave anthem PARTYNAUSEOUS then....abso-****ing-lutely :queenga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

AURAOFSHEISSE
1 hour ago, CRUISING said:

Meh, ARTPOP is something that will be spoken about for decades to come, with it’s synthesis of high art and consumerist trash culture, while hyperpop, which has no philosophy, is merely is a reflection of a horrible time in music:iamfair:

you don't actually think this do you:trollga:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

6 hours ago, CRUISING said:

yet you voted yes, that ARTPOP is hyperpop lmao

so ARTPOP was a reflection of a horrible time in music according to you then? messyyy

mhmm @AUARAOFSHEISSE :partysick: they r trolling wbk

Andrea B

idk, isnt SOPHIE the one who created hyperpop? I know she was a really big fan of Gaga, maybe she was inspired by ARTPOP who knows:triggered:

Spoiler

I'm reaching i know:koons:

Roseblud Kisses
1 hour ago, dojo said:

yet you voted yes, that ARTPOP is hyperpop lmao

so ARTPOP was a reflection of a horrible time in music according to you then? messyyy

mhmm @AUARAOFSHEISSE :partysick: they r trolling wbk

Sis I literally answered YOUR OWN question, which if I must remind you :partysick:, was whether or not ARTPOP was a precursor to hyperpop, not whether or not it is hyperpop. Hell no it isn’t hyperpop! ARTPOP is way deeper than the empty sound of broken pots and pans! Of course it was the former and not the latter, because it was made between 2011-2013, before the the decay of pop music. ARTPOP is literally about the rise of hyperpop :bear:

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

25 minutes ago, CRUISING said:

Sis I literally answered YOUR OWN question, which if I must remind you :partysick:, was whether or not ARTPOP was a precursor to hyperpop, not whether or not it is hyperpop. Hell no it isn’t hyperpop! ARTPOP is way deeper than the empty sound of broken pots and pans! Of course it was the former and not the latter, because it was made between 2011-2013, before the the decay of pop music. ARTPOP is literally about the rise of hyperpop :bear:

sure, it makes total s3nse :river:

Chesescake

Overall, music itself is a huge topic. You can always find something older and quirky compare to ARTPOP, topic like this is hard to find it's end.

Dawn of Chromatica is hyperpop. 100 gecs is hyperpop. Charli is hyperpop. Does vroom vroom sound anything like ARTPOP?  No

Archived