💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was ARTPOP a pre-cursor to Hyperpop?

Dojo

Was ARTPOP a pre-cursor to hyperpop?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Was ARTPOP a pre-cursor to Hyperpop?

Featured Posts

holy scheisse

Well It wasn’t ARTPOP it was edm in general (and ARTPOP was like 1.5-2 years into the already established edm trend)

Which evolved out out of dance pop where Gaga had a hand in reviving/bringing to mainstream 

so that’s where Gaga’s contributions truly come I think 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So even though Electro Pop is completely different from Hyperpop, I do think that a mainstream Artist doing such an experimental album like ARTPOP did encourage other artists to be more experimental with their work.

Just now, MessyTop said:

Björk has been doing HyperPop since the 90sit's oh so quiet post GIF

i know @alsemanche is a Björk stan. Any songs that i should listen from Björk with hyperpop elements? 

6 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

thank you. wich songs are? the videos are not available in my country 

MessyTop
1 minute ago, dojo said:

thank you. wich songs are? the videos are not available in my country 

“Pluto” and “Enjoy”

monstrosity

Yes, like A LOT of others pop/dance albums, from Madonna to nicki. Hyperpop wasn’t born in a vacuum, of course ARTPOP wasn’t hyperpop per se but it heavily influenced AG COOK wether he admits or not. Anyway hyperpop really means anything but maxilism and what is ARTPOP but maxilism? Just as a reminder, critics and people were saying that ARTPOP was unbearable because it was just a lot of noises lol, isn’t it what people say about hyperpop now ? 

PawsUpJago

ARTPOP definitely had more influence on pop than many would like to admit and it was a precursor to how the GP often responds to hyperpop in some ways, but honestly if anything Starstruck sounds more hyperpop than any entire track from ARTPOP to me. 

elijahfan
1 hour ago, MessyTop said:

“Pluto” and “Enjoy”

Those are techno-inspired, that's quite a broad influence... Hyperpop is much more specific than that.

PC Music was actually quite clear about its influences: it's all about late 90s/early 00s bubblegum pop expressed through a maximalist lens. Several posts I'm seeing in this thread are making clear that many actually don't know what hyperpop is.

SHALLOW

Can yall stop with this Hyperpop bs? Just enjoy any music that you like without having to constantly wonder about who invented it. Also if you mean Hyperpop as in Charli's or Arca's music then i sure hope ARTPOP had nothing to do with it :huntyga:

Archived