💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

most influential: Gaga Vs. Lana đŸ”„

Dojo

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic
3 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

I like Lana. She's cool. I love a ton of her songs.

But Gaga is one of - if not the most - discussed, hated, loved, emulated, discounted pop stars ever. She's box office, baby. 

That's money honey :huntyga:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
4 hours ago, Meat said:

ARTPOP has been a named a major pre-cursor to the hyperpop boom by multiple reputable publications.

Oh no...so it's Gaga's fault :cryga:

Kidding :haroon:

@Ororo Munroe I still have to listen to your playlist :giveup:

đŸ–€

Ororo Munroe
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Oh no...so it's Gaga's fault :cryga:

Kidding :haroon:

@Ororo Munroe I still have to listen to your playlist :giveup:

:samanthac:

i hope you'll love it, i chose very "friendly" songs for you! 

Mistress of the Elements âšĄïž

BlingNotTheMusic
13 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Did Gaga get quoted by the US military? No? There's your answer :hor:

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Lona Delery

they are so wildly different, it makes no sense to compare them and their impact, bc both had enormous impact in different genres and audiences.

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

plastiquedoll
1 hour ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Lana sweet tea, I'm so sorry :lana:

Huge Lana fan, since BTD, but Gaga's INFLUENCE and relevancy is unmatched. Just look at the longevity of The Fame, STILL dominating the dance charts 14 years later. And it's a debut album...

Might I remind you that Lana did not invent sad girl bops. For that we gotta go back to Alanis Morissette, Garbage, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, etc. As much as I love Lana, her music, and her artistry, she's a continuation of the angsty girl trend. Sure, Gaga took a lot from Madonna's book, but she turned it on its head and brought dark pop into the limelight.

I could go on and on, but yeah, Gaga is miles ahead of Lana when it comes to influence. Sorry Elizabeth :reductive:

Both women are a continuation of someone. Neither of them invented anything. They re-popularised certain movements in music and managed to make it their own. As of impact not many artists can come close to Gaga's. She is the ultimate icon. Like c'mon people are lining up to see a movie just because Gaga is in it. 

Lana's impact is more quiet like herself. If she wanted more she could have achieved it but ultimately she decided to focus on becoming a modern day poet and on being a back up singer for Nikki Lane. 

BlingNotTheMusic
44 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

Both women are a continuation of someone. Neither of them invented anything. They re-popularised certain movements in music and managed to make it their own. As of impact not many artists can come close to Gaga's. She is the ultimate icon. Like c'mon people are lining up to see a movie just because Gaga is in it. 

Lana's impact is more quiet like herself. If she wanted more she could have achieved it but ultimately she decided to focus on becoming a modern day poet and on being a back up singer for Nikki Lane. 

So, in the end, you agree with me :river:

artdoll
7 hours ago, vpez said:

I can see Gagas influence in artists like Doja and Cardi and Lanas in Billie

this, they're both influential but are more influential in different artists so it's not a fair comparison imo :oprah:

ïœĄïŸŸâ˜ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ïŸŸïœĄ

1 minute ago, artdoll said:

this, they're both influential but are more influential in different artists so it's not a fair comparison imo :oprah:

Reported.

artdoll
1 minute ago, dojo said:

Reported.

sorry images GIF

ïœĄïŸŸâ˜ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ïŸŸïœĄ

Are you f*cking kidding? You should watch this to know how Gaga changed the face of pop music and kind of everything!

Youre Kidding Are You Serious GIF by Snowfall

Pennywise
14 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Not everything published by journalists is true :poot: you know, the same journalists that dragged ARTPOP and worship mediocre artists on the daily :poot: 

I'm gonna cite Angela Chung as a reputable journalist from now on :huntyga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Andreu

You are pitting the most influential artists of our generation tbh 

On a strictly musical, maybe Lana was more influential, if they are not tied. On what surrounds the music, definitely Gags.

Edit: also kinda there is a bias recency, people might forget how massive Gaga's strictly musical influence was back then in the US industry, but the trends she kickstarted died a long time ago meanwhile artists who have been at the top of the pop games in the last few years like Taylor or Billie are clearly influenced by Lana. So I guess that might feel it bigger, when, in fact, they are very similarly sized

Andreu
10 hours ago, PartySick said:

Did Gaga get quoted by the US military? No? There's your answer :hor:

The quote was made up and apparently Lana has never said it so who knows if they will put words in Gaga's mouth next :sis:

Archived