💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

most influential: Gaga Vs. Lana đŸ”„

Dojo

Featured Posts

Chesescake
12 minutes ago, Meat said:

ARTPOP has been a named a major pre-cursor to the hyperpop boom by multiple reputable publications.

These publications sure are bad when it comes to analysis underground culture :excuseu:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RudraCNG

I mean, I love Lana, she's my favoutite artist along with Gaga, but Gaga's impact went beyond music. She was a game changer for art in general and even for culture. I think there's no debate in this, even if Lana was indeed very influential to a lot of artists such as Billie, Taylor or Lorde.

2 minutes ago, Chesescake said:

These publications sure are bad when it comes to analysis underground culture :excuseu:

ikr? ARTPOP doesn't even have one single element of hyperpop in any way :cyanlights:

alsemanche
19 minutes ago, dojo said:

mhm @alsemanche :partysick:

And Joanne was cited as precursor to country music! :poot:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

enissa11

certainly Lana because if gaga would've been more influential today's mainstream pop music landscape wouldn't be so shitty, but also the type of influence gaga had it's beyond musical or artistic, she pushed boundaries in modern pop music like no one else, but yet no one really got her true artistic vein, sensibilities and philosophies...

Mad Architect of Light

HausOfAntonio

Its offensive to Gaga’s legacy to even frame this as a topic of debate :air: Gaga’s impact is transgenerational, multidisciplinary, enduring and paradigm shifting. Lana influenced people’s looks and sounds for a fad-like period and now everyone’s already onto the next big thing. Gaga flipped the industry on its head. 

HausOfAntonio
3 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

*Joanne was cited as a precursor to music. 

Chesescake

Gaga Vs. Lana (X)

Mother of Twitter Stan/ EDM New Wave/High Fashion Branding Pop Star
Vs.
Tumblur Sad Girl By Gone/White Girl Branding Hiphop Element

They're respective influence were so huge it even feel like a white hot forever.

17 minutes ago, dojo said:

ikr? ARTPOP doesn't even have one single element of hyperpop in any way :cyanlights:

13 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I mean you guys can make fun but that won’t change what actual music journalists think :poot:

HausOfAntonio
19 minutes ago, dojo said:

How does it not? It’s very maximalist, unexpected electronic productions for the time, genre-bending and genre-hopping
 a lot of it to me feels like it fits right is as a backstep to current hyperpop. 

1 minute ago, HausOfAntonio said:

How does it not? It’s very maximalist, unexpected electronic productions for the time, genre-bending and genre-hopping
 a lot of it to me feels like it fits right is as a backstep to current hyperpop. 

it's, it's pop dance, edm :bear:

3 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

From i-D magazine:

“What some said ARTPOP had failed to do — in trying to make commendable, interesting art from the most pedestrian pop sounds — is being manifested by those creating what we now know as hyperpop. It’s a subgenre reliant on abrasive, unpredictable synth work and the exaggeration of commercial, some say facile, elements of music. The Atlantic dubbed it “noisy, ugly, and addictive”. In retrospect, those words could apply to ARTPOP too” 

Archived