Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

most influential: Gaga Vs. Lana đŸ”„

Dojo

Featured Posts

laicon1cgod04-Instagram.jpg

I know Gaga's impact is unmatchable in the last 13 years but in my humble opinion, now that Lana is almost 11 years into her career, her infuence in music is probably bigger than even actual big pop acts like Gaga, Katy or Ke$ha.

You can see her mark in today's newest pop wave and not everybody has that

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9521ca442e2b81e56612

So, who have the most influence in today's music landscape?

Is Lana the real blueprint? 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Gagas influence in artists like Doja and Cardi and Lanas in Billie

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Levine

Lana's influence was very important, I think. With her disastrous live performance, she influenced young generation to think that you have to be a good singer to be considered a legend or, at least, not a joke.

And that's why we now have many young artists who are great singers and who consider Gaga as an influence and an inspiration.

7 minutes ago, vpez said:

I can see Gagas influence in artists like Doja and Cardi and Lanas in Billie

Doja said she would like to be like the Britney Spears for the new generation, a bad b1tch, fierce and sexy, something along those lines

Cardi is a Gaga stan so i can def see Gaga's influence in her, specially in PRESS

JaysAMess

They're both VERY different, so I don't think you can really say one is more influential than the other.

If we are talking about sonic impact only I’d go with Lana. I hear her influence in Billie, Lorde, Taylor Swift, and The Weeknd. Her influence has been very long lasting (a decade), and she consistently churns out new albums, each one contributing to her legacy.

If we are talking about more than the music, then I’d go with Gaga. She redefined artistry, music videos, the concept of naming your fan base, how musicians interact with fans on social media, what pop stars wear to red carpet events, and of course she redefined how a popstar can become a movie star. 

monstertoronto

They’re so different though. Gaga’s maximalist pop style and over the top visuals is still obvious in singers like Ava Max. Lana’s retro, Americana moodiness isn’t really replicated that much, but perhaps you can trace some of Billie’s recent material to her. 

5 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

If we are talking about sonic impact only I’d go with Lana. I hear her influence in Billie, Lorde, Taylor Swift, and The Weeknd. 

i agree, the way Taylor aknowledged Lana's influence, very humbling.

Roseblud Kisses

Lana influenced lots of wannabes (mainly Zoomers and younger Millenials) that emulated the narrow mood and sound of Lana’s music, but Gaga’s influence goes way beyond any one single look or genre of music or even artform. Many diverse artists and even actors and politicians and businesspeople have been inspired by Gaga's spirit, and her work ethic and philosophy.

Gaga is the kind of person whose name might be struck up in a conversation about Banksy or the Dalai Lama or Barbra Streisand or Leigh Bowery. On the other hand, it's only pop Stans aged 18-38 who know of Lana.

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

Also musically speaking,

1. The Fame is considered one of the most influential EDM albums of all time. I don’t even need to explain this.

2. ARTPOP has been a named a major pre-cursor to the hyperpop boom by multiple reputable publications.

3. Several musicians like Justin Timberlake, Kesha and Kylie steered towards a stripped down country aesthetic after Gaga released Joanne. Some publications even named it “The Joanne effect”

4. You must have noticed that after the release of Chromatica, multiple musicians explored the concept of fictional planets in their albums. Montero, Planet Her, and Coldplay’s recent music come to mind. 

3 minutes ago, Meat said:

2. ARTPOP has been a named a major pre-cursor to the hyperpop boom by multiple reputable publications.

mhm @alsemanche :partysick:

Archived