Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Thoughts on the John Wayne video?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

I recently rewatched the video and I remembered how brushed over in a sense the video was because it came out quickly after the super bowl and how iconic and crazy it was for the Joanne era

to me Perfect Illusion was chaotic but seemed more simple. I felt Million Reasons was sentimental and pure, but John Wayne brought the crazy gaga for that era back in a sense and it made my little monster heart throb back then and now 

what are your thoughts on the video back then vs. now? 

is it a fav of yours amongst Ga's videography? 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of my all time favourites and it's SO frustrating that it got a lowkey release :saladga:

mother, what must i do?

Such a great video, sooo campy and high energy. The editing is among the best of all her videos

AURAOFSHEISSE

I think it’s criminally underrated by far the best Joanne video:vegas:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

Healed My Heart

I really love the concepts, the looks, etc. My only complaint is there are too many quick cuts and it's hard to appreciate the visuals that way.

She/her 💗💜💙

sarahb

It's great because it gave us this iconic shot :billie:

C4K9KS_XAAEBpgT.jpg

But in all seriousness though it's one of my favourite videos 

HuffsAhoy

It's a fantastic addition to her great video catalog. Though, I'll never forget a now former Facebook friend was highly offended that a CGI dog was run over in the music video. He cried that Gaga was glorifying animal abuse :billie:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

sarahb
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It's a fantastic addition to her great video catalog. Though, I'll never forget a now former Facebook friend was highly offended that a CGI dog was run over in the music video. He cried that Gaga was glorifying animal abuse :billie:

Don't point out the polar bear skin in Bad Romance :billie:

Starmie25

Way too underrated. Everything about it was a trip and a half. The editing is fine the way it is because it takes you on that adrenaline ride. 

Blahwhatever22

It definitely stands out from the other Joanne music videos. The visuals and campiness gave me Telephone vibes

tumblr_ol2oc7TXik1qdmb8eo1_540.gif

KindnessPunk

I remember watching it at first and having no idea it was directed by Jonas Akerland…only to find out years later. And I loved the ending where Gaga is in her pink Joanne suit and walks away, wonder what it means? 

Reject False Icons

I mean Jonas Akerlund mmm excellence. 

I did not see the potential of a dance bop of John Wayne but from the VS performance made it clear. I loved that she brought back those great music videos that she's known for, I remember the week of the superbowl was INSANE like going back to 2009/10/11. But I still can't understand how the public was so SLOW and stupid to not catch up with the masterpiece she delivered, they just charted million reasons, maybe if she had performed the song on the show it would have been a hit. 

To this day I still cannot understand fully the ending 

I love it, it basically killed the Telephone continuation :toofunny:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived