💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Adele show postponed because of disputes, not COVID

Teletubby

Featured Posts

lilboyblue

I feel bad for people who took the time to travel to see her show only to be cancelled last minute. She has the right to perform a show she can be proud of, so there's no issue if they didn't want to use house equipment. But she does have a responsibility to the people buying her tickets as well, spending for airfare, hotels, leaves off work.

Why couldn't they have postponed earlier? Just irresponsible.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuffsAhoy
7 hours ago, Alfonso said:

Omg, she was fired? I thought she was still working on it 

The company hasn't officially confirmed it but during their covid shutdown, most of the creative team was let go. That's not to say she won't come back on board when they revisit the show, however. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

9 hours ago, jeremiahsaint1000 said:

it is an issue when u promise to perform dates, hundreds or thousands of people have traveled from other states or countries just for u to cancel because you refused to use equipment thats already there. she shouldve performed as schedule and waited for the new stuff to come in the next few weeks. people are paying thousands to go there and taking time off work, you cant **** around. as for her team members who have covid, have them quarantine and hire new people to take on the load. 

I get what you’re saying but Adele/her team wanting to use their own equipment is only one small factor in why the shows are delayed.

The deadline was too short, probably thanks to a whole host of reasons like contractual obligations, the venue’s calendar etc. etc. - no artist wants to do what Adele has done and be working on a show until the final hour and have to cancel it.

On covid and staffing, it’s just not achievable.  When people were forced to isolate by law for ten days, sure you could maybe save a couple of days but now by the time you’ve seeked out someone experienced enough to rig your show, they’ve understood the venue and their job, the staff member who was isolating will be out of isolation.

The entire situation is sh*t but the blame does not lie with Adele and the team trying to make this tour good for it’s attendants. 

I'm blaming covid for this. You go see any show, and maybe there are all sorts of dramas and crises going on in the background that ultimately don't matter so long as the performers hit the stage. Covid is the complicating factor here that has caused the show to not go on.

Bolkins

https://www.showbiz411.com/2022/01/23/exclusive-adele-was-using-non-union-musicians-in-las-vegas-gig-opposite-of-pro-union-lady-gaga I knew it would only be a matter of time before Gaga would be hyped as the ever consummate professional Queen of Las Vegas. This backlash Adele is getting is next level, there has been a targeted push to stain her reputation at this point 

HuffsAhoy

It was only a matter of time before Adele faced the wrath of the GP and the media. It's a shame but she was the sweetheart of the music world for far too long, the tides had to turn eventually. Like Gaga, Madonna, and countless others, Adele will come out on top eventually. 

pedrohemg

From showbiz411:

The difference between Adele and Lady Gaga, at least in Las Vegas.

Gaga has been using union musicians since she started performing there a couple of years ago. Adele has not.

Keith D. Nelson, secretary/treasurer of the Musicians Union in Las Vegas, Local 369, says that the band for Adele’s now cancelled 13 “Weekends” gig — 26 shows– had gone outside the normal system to bring in musicians.

Nelson says Lady Gaga is the most popular performer in Vegas these days because she observes all union rules with her musicians. I’m not surprised. We know Stefani Germanotta is a mensch.

okay....way to be a boss Adele. Who cares? This seems sexist, or at least, some exaggerated BS made up by a Gaga stan account. 

Chromatican
4 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It was only a matter of time before Adele faced the wrath of the GP and the media. It's a shame but she was the sweetheart of the music world for far too long, the tides had to turn eventually. Like Gaga, Madonna, and countless others, Adele will come out on top eventually. 

The media never treated Madonna and Gaga with kid gloves. The fact that Adele is dealing with well-deserved backlash for her unprofessionalism has nothing to do with Gaga.

JohnnyVersace

I mean, if it's her first show since 2016 (or whenever the last was) and she wants to do it her way, I get it. Though, it clearly wasn't smart given time constraints and limitations w Covid.

And it's also not fair to say the theatre was "good enough" for her and she should have just walked in and sung - she should be able to honor her artistry and sing her songs the way she wants to, to the scale she envisioned with her team. 

HuffsAhoy
1 hour ago, Chromatican said:

The media never treated Madonna and Gaga with kid gloves. The fact that Adele is dealing with well-deserved backlash for her unprofessionalism has nothing to do with Gaga.

Please as if cancelling a show is unprofessional, it happens literally all the time :lmao: The only messy problem here is waiting until the last minute, but she still doesn't deserve the thrashings she's getting.  

• Teletubby changed the title to Adele show postponed because of disputes, not COVID

Archived