💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Adele show postponed because of disputes, not COVID

Teletubby

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

so she wanted a show that was bonkers expensive and horrifyingly hard to get tickets to to be special? wow what a jerk!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101
36 minutes ago, KORG said:

We're witnessing the tearing down of the superstar by the media in real time.

it’s all because she had the audacity to get hot

1 hour ago, Borisapillar said:

I get the sense that Adele doesn’t even really like performing :partysick:

I don’t think she’s ever said the opposite tbh. She didn’t like flying either. But all this must be the work of her label and team, I doubt Adele’s requirements are higher from those other big profile performers. 

jeremiahsaint1000
2 hours ago, Benji said:

She/her team wanted to use their own equipment, I don’t see an issue :shrug:

it is an issue when u promise to perform dates, hundreds or thousands of people have traveled from other states or countries just for u to cancel because you refused to use equipment thats already there. she shouldve performed as schedule and waited for the new stuff to come in the next few weeks. people are paying thousands to go there and taking time off work, you cant **** around. as for her team members who have covid, have them quarantine and hire new people to take on the load. 

Economy
2 hours ago, Borisapillar said:

I get the sense that Adele doesn’t even really like performing :partysick:

We been knew that for time. And shes said it before she doesnt really like touring :enigma:

the way they are trying to make this an issue and to make her seem like a diva LOL.

This is a big residency. It will make vegas multi millions. If she wants the sound system to be something she is used to instead...I see no issue. Yes it will be a challenge but they have the time now that the show is postponed. She wants to make sure she sounds the way she wants to sound. 

Roboboy

sorry i don't have sympathy for her. her cancellation was nothing to do with covid restrictions, it was because the "show ain't ready". she should have known that days ago. weeks ago even. 

jimmytimestep

All of this feels real to me. Sounds like everything was well-intentioned, to make a big, beautiful Adele show...but supply chain issues and COVID issues stopped this residency dead in its tracks.

Adele doesn't deserve this embarassment. Her team should be ashamed. Knowing the times, someone should have managed expectations for her team, and probably tried to...but they pushed forward anyway, touting a narrative of her being the biggest and the best and "make it happen". And now, everything falls on her image. Sad. It's not her fault, but she has to wear it.

HuffsAhoy

This doesn't sound far fetched at all. There are have been whisperings that she had a major falling out with set designer Es Devlin. Devlin was also the center of creation process hell for a now indefinitely delayed Cirque du Soleil show called Under the Same Sky; she was fired by the company. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

pussycat

I wish those twitter rats that don't know anything ab stage production would shut up tbh i'm sure Adele has reason for it and that she's always done it like this

Alfonso

I mean, it's not uncommon that artist bring or demand to use their own equipment for their shows (because they like them or prefer them); so this isn't a surprise. But I guess we can't really blame Adele like this, for me it the delay could have been caused by many factors.. imo most of them probably on the fault of the venue or the organizers.

I think that:
1) the project wasn't planned well / they didn't have much time to prepare everything (which is weird because a residency would be settled like one year before of the actual start); or
2) they didn't think the pandemic would still mess things up and keep them from getting the set + production ready to start 

TimisaMonster
4 hours ago, Teletubby said:

It is said that Adele and her team insisted on replacing the state-of-the art sound system at the venue's Colosseum theatre with their own and also demanded that they install an entirely new video system.

The existing system was considered good enough by previous acts such as Mariah Carey, Madonna and Celine Dion.

Vegas journalist Scott Roeben, the Founder of Vital Vegas , said: 'Apparently, Adele and her team refused to use the house equipment in The Colosseum.

'The theatre has a massive video screen, very high tech, but Adele's team insisted upon an entirely new system – a larger screen, essentially built a few inches in front of the existing screen.

'Such demands not only drive up production costs but, at a time when supplies are disrupted, it's a recipe for disaster – in this case last-minute delays or cancellations. 

'I also hear from a source that Caesars had to replace the cutting edge Meyer sound system and replace it with a different system for her.'

Roeben added: 'It's being shared from those familiar with the situation that Caesars Palace was '100 per cent ready for her', so there are other forces at work here.
source

Vital Vegas broke the story of her residency last July

Woah wtf???

Is she really this much of a diva and perfectionist??? 

:madge:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Alfonso
56 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

This doesn't sound far fetched at all. There are have been whisperings that she had a major falling out with set designer Es Devlin. Devlin was also the center of creation process hell for a now indefinitely delayed Cirque du Soleil show called Under the Same Sky; she was fired by the company. 

Omg, she was fired? I thought she was still working on it 

Future Lovers
2 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Woah wtf???

Is she really this much of a diva and perfectionist??? 

:madge:

Firstly, I'm almost 100% positive that this story is being played up for dramatics because there's been a growing attitude in the media that Adele should be the next big name to get torn down. 

But even if it isn't...this is not a unique thing to Adele. Artists do this quite frequently. Hell, when Celine was preparing her first residency in 2003, she and her team had Caesars Palace essentially rebuild the entire theatre from the ground up so yeah she their stuff was good enough for her...because she's the reason it was there in the first place. This is how shows are run by most artists that have any big pull. 

To put it into other terms: when you go and see an arena show, the artist is not using the venues sound equipment, they're using their own. They have equipment that has been prepared especially for them and their team to suit their show. Having worked lighting and sound, it's not easy to just show up to a venue and make your show happen with their equipment and their equipment alone. You will always have to have your own stuff brought in. 

It listed all of these artists who've been fine with Caesar's' equipment and I'm sure they were, but they're leaving out the bits that they almost certainly used their own equipment alongside it. 

RichAssPiss

I am very sympathetic to her, but I do think it's odd given that if anyone could get away with a bare bones soft opening, it's Adele. She's not known for massive productions. For a comparison, consider how David Byrne adapted his Broadway show American Utopia during a few weeks where many of his band were quarantined. He rolled with it and told audiences what to expect and that it was not the full show but something different and one of a kind that likely would not be repeated. I do think people would have loved a very intimate Adele show with a small band and limited stage elements. 

• Teletubby changed the title to Adele show postponed because of disputes, not COVID

Archived