Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga's Top Gun theme become 6th #1?

dit

Featured Posts

tyler k

Honestly, I think she has it on lock :ohwell:

especially if she ends up sweeping awards season with House of Gucci & Love For Sale... the GP is eating her up lately and this would be the cherry on top of it all, a victory lap of sorts

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Dr Fudge

It’s simple: good song = good chart performance. Bad song = bad performance. I wouldn’t want her to get a number 1 song based on a technicality (her name) anyway. But then again, it’s Gaga so you know she’s gonna come for blood. Can’t wait to get new music soon! 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

I'd say Top 40 hit for sure, very very likely a Top 20. Berlin peaked at #20 in 86, and Gaga is much bigger than they ever were, so I'd say it's ceiling is #8 or so. I can't imagine it going to #1 in the same way that Shallow did, unfortunately

Don't Call Me Gaga

monstrosity
15 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

It’s simple: good song = good chart performance. Bad song = bad performance. I wouldn’t want her to get a number 1 song based on a technicality (her name) anyway. But then again, it’s Gaga so you know she’s gonna come for blood. Can’t wait to get new music soon! 

Perfect illusion begs to differ :patrizia:

holy scheisse

I mean idk?? Top gun doesn’t seem like a movie thst will appeal to the masses like a Disney movie but maybe that’s just my perspective. I don’t see the tik tokers running out the door to see a Tom cruise movie lol 

Dr Fudge
10 minutes ago, Monstruous said:

Perfect illusion begs to differ :patrizia:

Perfect Illusion is a fan fave, but I don’t think it was ever radio friendly enough to become a huge hit. It peaked in the top 20 because of the push the fanbase gave it. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

monstrosity
16 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

Perfect Illusion is a fan fave, but I don’t think it was ever radio friendly enough to become a huge hit. It peaked in the top 20 because of the push the fanbase gave it. 

Yeah I was jk but it’s a shame bc it’s my fav song ever

19 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

I mean idk?? Top gun doesn’t seem like a movie thst will appeal to the masses like a Disney movie but maybe that’s just my perspective. I don’t see the tik tokers running out the door to see a Tom cruise movie lol 

Top gun already appealed to the masses. Those masses will also take their partners to see it.

BabylonChristmas

Wasn't the song rumored to be called "Hold My Hand" too?

When I was young, I prayed for lightning 🎧

50 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

I'd say Top 40 hit for sure, very very likely a Top 20. Berlin peaked at #20 in 86, and Gaga is much bigger than they ever were, so I'd say it's ceiling is #8 or so. I can't imagine it going to #1 in the same way that Shallow did, unfortunately

Take My Breath Away by Berlin peaked at #1 not #20 and is one of the top selling songs of all time. A second song from the soundtrack, 'Danger Zone' peaked at #2. It's considered one of the biggest soundtrack albums of all time, and it is probably one of the reasons Tom Cruise sought out Gaga for the soundtrack. He's trying to make everything perfect for this movie, including it's iconic soundtrack.

33 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Top Gun was the highest grossing movie of 1986 and is one of the highest grossing movies of the 1980s. Tom Cruise's most recent movie made $800 million dollars. I honestly think it will definitely appeal to the masses.

1 hour ago, JRCF29 said:

I just realized you were probably looking at the chart performance of the Jessica Simpson cover of the song. :sharon:

28 minutes ago, DWUWPerez said:

I just realized you were probably looking at the chart performance of the Jessica Simpson cover of the song. :sharon:

GIF by Routine Baseball

Only Berlin song I know is Metro

Don't Call Me Gaga

Der Meister
2 hours ago, dit said:

The first Top Gun theme song was soft rock and so I think Gaga may go down that route as well so expect like some 80s style soft rock or glam rock depending! that is exciting tbh

The dream!

It depends on the song. Why would I just say yes without even hearing it?

I would like to think that song relevance/lyrics and placement in the movie matters for an oscar, but maybe not.

Are we even sure she did a song for the movie? What's it called?

Archived