💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
audio

Addison Rae - Nothing On (But The Radio) *SNIPPET*

CAPRISONGS

Featured Posts

elijahfan

I’ve never understood the interest in this track…. It's one of the most generic songs in Gaga’s repertoire, it sounds like it could be sung by literally anyone. Like, I get 0 excitement from it and I literally don’t understand how anyone would think it’s on the level of the artist who gave us Bad Romance. Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, candiedroses said:

I spoke to Billy Steinberg in the early 2010s through email, on multiple occasions about this song when it first came out. I know parts of the backstory behind the intention of the song's initial release (which it never made it to), and I truly do not believe Gaga would just give this song up to be recorded exactly like her 2010/11 version, after trying to re-work it years later for ARTPOP. This was a song that was supposed to be on Born This Way (or possibly a project between TFM & BTW), but didn't fit the memo, then later re-worked for ARTPOP.... Two huge, groundbreaking albums... to be later recycled, and the 2010 version instrumental be used on a TikTok star's pop fling? I don't know about that. 

Hi friend, could you please elaborate on what project it was intended for?

I've read on another forum that it was written with Nicole Scherzinger in mind and was also recorded by other Interscope artists including Paris Monroe... was the Gaga production by RedOne or by Billy Steinberg? I've suspected it was RedOne because of the musical style and the special effect sounds used throughout the song. 

Naak Le Vaar
On 1/21/2022 at 12:15 PM, soularpower said:

This is so beyond disappointing…one of Gaga’s most incredible unreleased tracks. It literally would’ve been on REPEAT, a classic on the level of Poker Face/LoveGame, etc. It’s catchy, perfect for the club, a classic pop hit that has that instant “this is unquestionably Lady Gaga” vibe.

i don’t want it if it’s not Gaga on the record. The thought of another artist basically getting the public side of credit for this song is so heartbreaking. we demand JUSTICE :icega:

Imo this is not one of Gaga's best unreleased songs so idc if addison uses it. Might as well. Gagas in no rush to release it.

Lmao they blocked my signature

candiedroses
2 hours ago, Negev said:

I've read on another forum that it was written with Nicole Scherzinger in mind and was also recorded by other Interscope artists including Paris Monroe... was the Gaga production by RedOne or by Billy Steinberg? I've suspected it was RedOne because of the musical style and the special effect sounds used throughout the song. 

Written early during the Born This Way sessions or right before, maybe for some "Fame Kills" centered project that never took root due to the tour being cancelled. Billy Steinberg told me that it was written for a "very large popstar's upcoming album", which when I had this conversation with him, it was in 2011. He wouldn't confirm or deny it was even Gaga in the first place, despite the vocals being her, but kept hinting to me it was for a "young, international popstar's new album" - in which Born This Way made the most since, since I was writing to him about it in 2010 and 2011. It was reworked for ARTPOP years later.... Some things I am curious about is to who is singing backup with her on the parts that go "...tuning to a station I like, get with me tonight..." and the "when you get here boy we can dance...." part. There is someone else who is singing WITH Gaga, I'd be interested in knowing who that singer is.  

Night Vision

I'm not really bothered about someone else releasing it since Gaga will never release it, at least Gaga will get her coins

MonsterofFame
22 hours ago, Negev said:

I figured the production was done by Garibay or Rodney Jerkins since it was made around 2009-2010. It has Garibay's rough/loud synth sound. Apparently DJWS did some work on the ARTPOP version. 

tylerjs
On 1/23/2022 at 2:19 AM, Naak Le Vaar said:

Imo this is not one of Gaga's best unreleased songs so idc if addison uses it. Might as well. Gagas in no rush to release it.

It is tho lol just curiously, what would you say is better than this song from her unreleased? and pls don’t say out of control bc it’s not even close lol

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

it even sounds like a hit recorded by someone like Addison :air: Such a wasted SMASH. Could have been one of Gaga's biggest hits and for sure would have been the biggest off of Born This Way.

pussycat

Why couldnt Gaga release as a stand alone tho like The cure. With Gaga it wouldve been a hit, with Addison its gonna be a cute bop at its best

Naak Le Vaar
8 hours ago, soularpower said:

It is tho lol just curiously, what would you say is better than this song from her unreleased? and pls don’t say out of control bc it’s not even close lol

No it's not. I donno who lied to you, but it's really a cookie cutter baby's first pop song. You can like it definitely but it's not all that. I donno, most any other song? Princess Die and Brooklyn Nights come to mind atm

Lmao they blocked my signature

Cheek 2 Cheek Stan

Don’t let this little tiktok girl ruin a song by miss Gaga girl barely can sing or dance

Period 🩸

Archived