💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jay-Z calls to end of rap lyrics being used as criminal evidence

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Jay-Z is leading a list of music industry titans throwing their support behind a proposed New York state law that aims to stop prosecutors from using rap lyrics as purported blueprints to alleged crimes.

He is teaming up with Meek Mill, Big Sean, Fat Joe, Kelly Rowland, Yo Gotti, Killer Mike, Robin Thicke, and others as celebrity signatories on a new letter urging state lawmakers — and ultimately Gov. Kathy Hochul — to make the recently proposed bill titled “Rap Music on Trial”.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jay-z-meek-mill-big-sean-fat-joe-back-law-limiting-rap-lyrics-at-criminal-trials-1286594/

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hieronymus

This reminds me of a time in 7th grade when my cousin wrote a story for an assignment about sneaking out of her bedroom window to meet an "older man" (she didn't disclose his age, but obviously that sounds bad) so they could kiss. Our teacher called her parents about it, and she got in trouble. She turned it into this whole big thing kerfuffle about breaching trust and stuff and the whole time I kept wondering WHY DID YOU WRITE A STORY ABOUT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

HiddenWeirdo

„Our lyrics are a creative form of self-expression and entertainment – just like any other genre. We want our words to be recognized as art rather than being weaponized to get convictions in court …“

Some examples:

-„You the hottest b*tch in this place“

-„What rhymes with hug me?“

-„Let me be the one you back that ass up to“

-“Had a b*tch, but she ain't bad as you“

-„You know how many hot b*tches I own?“

-„I paid for them titties“

Etc. … 

Why don‘t they just process and mature in their writing skills instead? :bear:

monstrosity
12 minutes ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

„Our lyrics are a creative form of self-expression and entertainment – just like any other genre. We want our words to be recognized as art rather than being weaponized to get convictions in court …“

Some examples:

-„You the hottest b*tch in this place“

-„What rhymes with hug me?“

-„Let me be the one you back that ass up to“

-“Had a b*tch, but she ain't bad as you“

-„You know how many hot b*tches I own?“

-„I paid for them titties“

Etc. … 

Yeah cause obviously the lyrics you cited represent rap as a genre 

Lady Gaga Reaction GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

Most of the great and culturally impactful song lyrics are to be found in rap songs, not in pop music lmao, you don’t see any problem in the government using black people’s art as a weapon against them? 

Chesescake

1 minute ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

I not familiar with genre it own but it looks like all the example you put out were just every surface level lyrics.

I mean I know it would break my heart to see ppl using track like "Dance Monkey" of "abcdefu" as an example to mocking pop music.

FentyGa

once again, twinks on GGD criticising rap

you dont understand this genre. this genre does not work the same way pop music does. this genre is not for you. you don’t get a say, and your opinion on rap is not valid. period.

Just now, FentyGa said:

you dont understand this genre. this genre does not work the same way pop music does. this genre is not for you. you don’t get a say, and your opinion on rap is not valid. period.

but what if we do like rap too? i am about that life.

Chesescake
6 minutes ago, androiduser said:

soooo when they rap about how great they are, can we also consider this not to be the truth?

Of course you can, It's not like ppl really believe Billie would seduce their dad.

RenegAde
50 minutes ago, Monstruous said:

Yeah cause obviously the lyrics you cited represent rap as a genre 

Lady Gaga Reaction GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

Most of the great and culturally impactful song lyrics are to be found in rap songs, not in pop music lmao, you don’t see any problem in the government using black people’s art as a weapon against them? 

Wow do people love to act like these lyrics  don't represent 70 - 80%  of rap music out there today.  Can we all just stop with the hypocrisy 

RenegAde
21 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

You can't negate valid criticism with calling people twinks and gate keeping, facts are facts.

monstrosity
3 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Wow do people love to act like these lyrics  don't represent 70 - 80%  of rap music out there today.  Can we all just stop with the hypocrisy 

It doesn’t change the fact that most of the culture-changing lyrics are in rap music, it’s absolutely not relevant whether 20 or 30% of rap songs contain interesting lyrics (y’all act as if nowadays pop music was some poems put in music lol)

monstrosity
4 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

You can't negate valid criticism with calling people twinks and gate keeping, facts are facts.

I don’t think saying that rap lyrics are dumb is a valid criticism in this context, where the point is stop using black’s people art to put them in jail lol

Bleachella

GGD literally CANNOT hide their racism! Like every thread it’s almost like they’re WAITING for a chance to be racist…

Archived