Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jay-Z calls to end of rap lyrics being used as criminal evidence

Teletubby

Featured Posts

RenegAde
3 minutes ago, Monstruous said:

It doesn’t change the fact that most of the culture-changing lyrics are in rap music,

And most of the most violent,mysogynistic transphobic, homophobic and socially backward lyrics are also contained in rap music and perpetuated by same rappers but yall love to ignore that fact.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
1 hour ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

„Our lyrics are a creative form of self-expression and entertainment – just like any other genre. We want our words to be recognized as art rather than being weaponized to get convictions in court …“

Some examples:

-„You the hottest b*tch in this place“

-„What rhymes with hug me?“

-„Let me be the one you back that ass up to“

-“Had a b*tch, but she ain't bad as you“

-„You know how many hot b*tches I own?“

-„I paid for them titties“

Etc. … 

Why don‘t they just process and mature in their writing skills instead? :bear:

There are a lot of thought provoking lyrics from hip hop. Your reply are uneducated view on rap & hip hop, lowkey racist, and reminds me with those annoying karens who always likened certain videos games, music & movies genres, as reasons why kids today are corrupted by just basing them on stereotypical examples. 🙄🙄🙄

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Supersonic
22 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Wow do people love to act like these lyrics  don't represent 70 - 80%  of rap music out there today.  Can we all just stop with the hypocrisy 

Source? Got any papers to back up your claims? Got any graphs and data to back you up? Or is this all just anecdotal evidence, based on your own personal perception?

monstrosity
1 minute ago, RenegAde said:

And most of the most violent,mysogynistic transphobic, homophobic and socially backward lyrics are also contained in rap music and perpetuated by same rappers but yall love to ignore that fact.

Again, where is the relevance? What’s the point here? So it must be used in court as evidence of whatever thing? 

Misogyny and homophobia in rap could be a very interesting conversation to have but it’s absolutely not relevant here, you just use this thread as a pretext and that’s lame

HiddenWeirdo
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

There are a lot of thought provoking lyrics from hip hop. Your reply are uneducated view on rap & hip hop, lowkey racist, and reminds me with those annoying karens who always likened certain videos games, music & movies genres, as reasons why kids today are corrupted by just basing them on stereotypical examples. 🙄🙄🙄

Gurl, most of the lyrics I posted were from Robin Thicke :laughga:

I think you might be the uneducated one. 

monstrosity
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Source? Got any papers to back up your claims? Got any graphs and data to back you up? Or is this all just anecdotal evidence, based on your own personal perception?

Based on their own personal perception of someone who don’t even listen to rap :billie:

RenegAde
Just now, Supersonic said:

Put on the radio and tell me 5 rap songs that doesn't contain profanity or promote unhealthy lifestyles.

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Put on the radio and tell me 5 rap songs that doesn't contain profanity or promote unhealthy lifestyles.

You made the claims, you're the responsible for backing them up. Not me. I'm waiting.

Joaco95
1 minute ago, RenegAde said:

Why are you into proving rap/hip hop is bad when the whole thread isnt about that? lmao

RenegAde
5 minutes ago, Monstruous said:

Again, where is the relevance? What’s the point here? So it must be used in court as evidence of whatever thing? 

Misogyny and homophobia in rap could be a very interesting conversation to have but it’s absolutely not relevant here, you just use this thread as a pretext and that’s lame

I didn't comment on it being used in court as evidence cuz that's a different conversation, what i commented  on was you trying to call out another user for stating that rappers could indeed do better with the type theme's they promote in their music.

RenegAde
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

You made the claims, you're the responsible for backing them up. Not me. I'm waiting.

Keep waiting.

HiddenWeirdo
1 hour ago, Monstruous said:

Yeah cause obviously the lyrics you cited represent rap as a genre 

Lady Gaga Reaction GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

Most of the great and culturally impactful song lyrics are to be found in rap songs, not in pop music lmao, you don’t see any problem in the government using black people’s art as a weapon against them? 

Okay, this „clapping back but not checking facts“ needs to stop! 

As I said before I posted Robin Thickes lyrics as well so THIS IS ABOUT RAP MUSIC NOT BLACK PEOPLE. 

Those lyrics PRIMARILY are based on women being objectified and sexualized. 

RenegAde
1 minute ago, Joaco95 said:

Why are you into proving rap/hip hop is bad when the whole thread isnt about that? lmao

Look at the comment i initially responded to and maybe you'll understand the conversation.

18 minutes ago, Bleachella said:

GGD literally CANNOT hide their racism! Like every thread it’s almost like they’re WAITING for a chance to be racist…

I don't see what's racist saying that some rap lyrics are homophobic, sexist and degrading to women or that it's about boasting your wealth, these have truths in them. But it's not 100% of rap. That's the thing, it's in the grey area. Rap can be both inspiring and uninspiring, nearly like any form of art out there...

Archived