Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Charli XCX: "I trascend generes and i also helped create one"

Dojo

Featured Posts

BleepBloop

First off, she’s being sarcastic and second of all, it’s not like she didn’t majorly contribute to the creation of a specific sub-genre…??? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BleepBloop

Also, if Gaga tweeted “I created Hyperpop with my remix album Dawn of Chromatica, in which I was 0% involved in”, ya’ll would be yasssing and nodding in agreement for days..

Y'all don't follow Charli on insta and Twitter and it shows

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

enissa11
3 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

But she only does one genre, she hasnt transcended any genres at all it's all pop and electro

this, i also hate how nowdays the focus on "reinvention" and being "varied" with genres, lies more in external stuff rather than the performers themselves; the looks, the aesthetics, the producition, the style, the branding etc, rather than a genuine change in the performer, in the way they sing, the performance, the attitude, a morph... I've always heard charli singing the same way, like an standard pop singer lol....

Mad Architect of Light

4 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

this, i also hate how nowdays the focus on "reinvention" and being "varied" with genres, lies more in external stuff rather than the performers themselves; the looks, the aesthetics, the producition, the style, the branding etc, rather than a genuine change in the performer, in the way they sing, the performance, the attitude, a morph... I've always heard charli singing the same way, like an standard pop singer lol....

I think an artist gets more interesting when they have depth to them, personally, as a person, when they are a bit philosophical too, I don't expect Dua Lipa or Charli to transcend anything, just watch an interview and how they talk, then watch Madonna or even Gaga. But it's funny when they praise themselves, and use words like iconic, legendary or revolutionary. :poot: You're not the one who should say it, critics and the public will say it for you if it is. 

Y’all… she said “helped” create a genre.

Which is true, artists like Charli, SOPHIE and AG Cook all had a role in the shaping of what we know as Hyperpop now.  She’s not claiming she alone created this but her impact is certainly felt in Hyperpop.

Gagaism

Her pop sounds different from everyone, even with Sucker she was already showing it. She had a lot of what we call Hyperpop today on her first album and nobody can deny that. It’s a shame she doesn’t get the recognition she deserves. 

2 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Also, if Gaga tweeted “I created Hyperpop with my remix album Dawn of Chromatica, in which I was 0% involved in”, ya’ll would be yasssing and nodding in agreement for days..

I agree with your previous post but not this. They would’ve dragged Gaga even more. This forum is the harshest on her.

Chromatography
4 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

Whether this is a joke or not, Yall hyped her a bit too much :huntyga:

not at all. charli’s music is pristine.

forgot all the men on this forum like to attack women when they own up to their achievements.

🤣😂 Woman is trippin.

She hasn't had anything good since her first album. Nuclear Seasons was her last good song. I've been disappointed ever since. I hope her team wrote this.

alsemanche
3 hours ago, Sneaky said:

I mean I've seen people insist that ARTPOP was the precursor to/created hyperpop so I wouldn't be surprised :air:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

hieronymus

I love how humorless people are on here. It helps me check myself so I don't spend so much time here.

Archived