💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Super Bowl performers are trying to book professional Dancers for free.

Werk

Featured Posts

"Over the last couple days many of dance artists received a casting email, or DM via their agent, friend, or the Super Bowl Coordinator asking if any dance artists (with emphasis on pre-Dominantly African American Movers), would be interested to “volunteer for free” as talent for the Super Bowl Halftime show."

The reharsals  schedule is very long, 9 days x 9 hours. 

thoughts?  "Exposure" ≠ pay

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY694GVvmcu/

TimisaMonster

So ****ing cheap I can't...:sharon:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

and what "expochur" are they exactly talking about? :oprah:

is not like the dancer's face will be in front of a camera, maybe for like a fraction of a milisecond? 

BillieGOAT

And here’s the thing… they’re going to get away with it

Guaranteed there are enough dancers willing to do that for free

its a shame, the entertainment industry is a cruel mistress

I can see how many dancers may take this opportunity to use this as almost like a bootcamp. I mean 9 days with 9 hours each day of rehearsals is pretty intense! It also looks very very VERY good on any young dancers resume to have performed at the Super bowl hafltime show. 

That said...some form of compensation should be given out imo. I've had it with mega corporation counting pennies when it comes to paying regular people but will splurge and go all out when they are paying CEOs and stuff. 

14 minutes ago, dit said:

I can see how many dancers may take this opportunity to use this as almost like a bootcamp. I mean 9 days with 9 hours each day of rehearsals is pretty intense! It also looks very very VERY good on any young dancers resume to have performed at the Super bowl hafltime show. 

That said...some form of compensation should be given out imo. I've had it with mega corporation counting pennies when it comes to paying regular people but will splurge and go all out when they are paying CEOs and stuff. 

Agreed. It's obvious that if you perform at the Superbowl it'd be highly beneficial for your resume/credentials/whatever. But at least cover the food and transportation. It's the least they could do.

TortureMeOnReplay
19 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

On a serious note.. did Gaga paid all the extras holding the lights at her Super Bowl? :partysick:

Even if she didn't pay them she likely at least fed them. 

sillynate

They’ll charge a million dollars for a 30 second ad but have the nerve to make the dancers work for free? Come on now

Concertaholic
27 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

On a serious note.. did Gaga paid all the extras holding the lights at her Super Bowl? :partysick:

I worked on Gaga’s Super Bowl show! It was honestly the best experience of my life. I was one of the 500 people who help put the stage together and take it apart in under 6 minutes. We all got paid minimum wage (which is only $7.25 in Texas :spin:) but I was a freshman in college and honestly just happy to hang out with Gaga, her family, and the entire Haus for a week of rehearsals. (I got to see Gaga run the show over 10 times!) Most of the people who do that job are actually retirees who fly to wherever the super bowl is every year and make a little vacation out of it while giving them something cool to do and also making a little money from the rehearsals to supplement their “vacation”.

As for the crowd of people holding lights and jumping up and down on the field for Gaga’s show (like the line of girls that Gaga walks by after playing the piano and the one she eventually hugs), they were all dance students from local Houston high schools. While they didn’t get paid, they only had to come for a few hours a day and were bused in from school, fed, probably given class credit, and honestly given one of the coolest experiences of their lives.

damn this straight up sad :bear: those poor dancers don't even get a shot out or anything, ie all the dancers on the weeknd had their faces covered so i dont think they earn any recognition actually

... and now i just sit in silence.

Archived