💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Years & Years - Night Call (New Year's Edition) (ALBUM OUT NOW)

Joshua James

Featured Posts

• Joshua James changed the title to Years & Years - Night Call (New Year's Edition) (ALBUM OUT NOW)

The album by itself is available too, just just the New Year's Edition with old tracks. :)

The album is stunning though. Olly doesn't disappoint!

i had a hard time vibing with the singles off this era but listening to the whole record gotta say i like it more than i expected, love the vocal production

... and now i just sit in silence.

ELECTROHEART

Consequences, Night Call, Sweet Talker, Muscle and Reflection are massive bops :nooo:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Original Diva

I loved the album! There were a couple songs that I didn't vibe with on first listen, but that's not uncommon for me.

The singles for this era were banging and I would say the album does a good job in living up those. However, one thing that disappoints me is that there is differentiation, if that makes sense. What I mean is pretty much all of the songs are club banger-type songs and it doesn't have even a song or two to slow it down and add some depth. I would have loved having a track or two that were more slower or ballad-type songs. Like 'Hypnotised' on Palo Samto, or 'Foundation' on Communion.

excuse me no

5 hours ago, Original Diva said:

I loved the album! There were a couple songs that I didn't vibe with on first listen, but that's not uncommon for me.

The singles for this era were banging and I would say the album does a good job in living up those. However, one thing that disappoints me is that there is differentiation, if that makes sense. What I mean is pretty much all of the songs are club banger-type songs and it doesn't have even a song or two to slow it down and add some depth. I would have loved having a track or two that were more slower or ballad-type songs. Like 'Hypnotised' on Palo Samto, or 'Foundation' on Communion.

Not all albums have to have slower songs to balance it though. :flop:  Even Chromatica's most 'slow' song was a banger.

Dare I say the singles, besides Sweet Talker and Sooner Or Later were the weakest of the album. Being a Y&Y fan for years, the non-album tracks are much more stronger. Consequences or Muscle deserved better.

Jeroen Bloeming

As earlier stated, I do miss a ballad on this record. Some of their/his best works are the ballads like Eyes Shut, Hypnotised and Palo Santo.

The single choices for this album were definitely... choices. Consequences is definitely a career highlight alongside Night Call and See You Again.

I didn’t think the album would be good but it’s actually pretty nice. I miss the dark brooding electro synth of Palo Santo. The danger of going so generic is that he lost the smooth melancholic sexiness but without comparing albums this is really good. 

HuffsAhoy

I listened to this earlier today and god it was a fantastic experience!! Outside of a few songs with other artists, I'd never given Years & Years any thought, but I may have found a new artist to enjoy. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

even tho the album hasn't fully grown on me yet, it's brilliant! i was afraid that olly's solo work would be a departure from their previous sounds but thankfully i see all these elements that made me love the band throughout the years (& years lol). i don't consider the singles bad choices, i mean starstruck - especially with kylie minigue - was super fun for the pandemic era. crave is dark and more experimental. the best track off the record has to be sooner or later, the melody's addicting, i love his vocals especially in the bridge of the track. reminds me of the palo santo songs so badly. reflection is a deep cut, quite the most unique song on the album: just the sound i always wanted to hear from olly

NewUsername

I love it so much :giveup: I'm happy, because I had high expectations after Palo Santo.
20 Minutes is my favorite atm, it has that nostalgic, melancholic vibe that I adore.

Archived