💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

J-pop appreciation post

Mocchi

Featured Posts

With the new album release of japanese diva Utada Hikaru I had to urge to create this appreciation post of japanese pop music.

Show us your favorites!

These are some of mine :vegas:

One of my favorite J-pop besides Hikki is Ayaka (wife of actor Hiro Mizushima from HBO's GIRLS)

Her collab with Taka ONE OK ROCK from her sixth album LOVE CYCLE (album out Feb. 1)

also from LOVE CYCLE

Her collab with Daichi Miura from her fifth album 30 Y/O

also from 30 Y/O

from her debut First Message

from her third album The Beginning

from her second album Sing to the Sky

from her greatest hits album Ayaka's History 2006–2009

This one is from "What did you eat yesterday?" dorama (the story is about a gay couple's domestic life)

4 hours ago, Obman said:

They are amazing! Nee is my favorite! 

I saw them live once and the energy they irradiate is sickening (also the audience, watching them all doing the choreos perfectly synchronized was an experience by itself lol)

4 hours ago, doraemon said:

One of my favorite J-pop besides Hikki is Ayaka (wife of actor Hiro Mizushima from HBO's GIRLS)

Her collab with Taka ONE OK ROCK from her sixth album LOVE CYCLE (album out Feb. 1)

also from LOVE CYCLE

Her collab with Daichi Miura from her fifth album 30 Y/O

also from 30 Y/O

from her debut First Message

from her third album The Beginning

from her second album Sing to the Sky

from her greatest hits album Ayaka's History 2006–2009

Love her, Mikazuki is one of the best japanese ballads ever! I kind of lost track of her after the hiatus, but her first albums were gems 

4 hours ago, Sugar Baby said:

AKB48 is what I listen to the most lmao 

i also stan Utada Hikaru tho but only a few songs 

Hebii rooteeshon :pole:

On 1/21/2022 at 11:31 AM, PutiKumi said:

Love her, Mikazuki is one of the best japanese ballads ever! I kind of lost track of her after the hiatus, but her first albums were gems 

You have to start listening again! And let me fill you up what happened during her hiatus.

In the midst of her hiatus battling Graver’s disease, she and her hubby Hiro Mizushima called it quits with their agency Ken-On (and Ayaka quitting Warner Music Japan) in amicable fashion, Ayaka and Hiro became their own agents by naming it “A stAtion”, with Ayaka partnering with the largest label in Japan, Avex Group, releasing three amazing albums under A stAtion.

Her latest album, LOVE CYCLE, is coming on February 1, 2022. That date is quite significant since her first album under A stAtion/Avex Group, The Beginning, was released on that same date 10 years earlier.

Under Warner: First Message (2006), Sing to the Sky (2008)

Under Avex/A stAtion: The Beginning (2012), Rainbow Road (2015), 30 Y/O (2018), Love Cycle (1 February 2022)

Archived