💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

"Weekends With Adele" RESCHEDULED

Infinity Wave

Featured Posts

FentyGa

i feel for her and def understand her point of view

but also…nobody’s expecting anything from an adele show. aren’t they all just her in a black gown singing her hits? hook up a karaoke machine to the speakers and go, girl

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa
1 hour ago, CRUISING said:

Imagine Gaga did this:reductive:

she wouldn’t even do a video:ladyhaha: she’d wait until 2 hours before, and then she’d tweet “oh that’s happening btw”

KindnessPunk

Wonder how this might effect other Vegas show? I wonder if Jazz and Piano is slightly safer to run considering no dancers, but then again, Adeles show is probably without dancers as well…

shelby loved
53 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

i feel for her and def understand her point of view

but also…nobody’s expecting anything from an adele show. aren’t they all just her in a black gown singing her hits? hook up a karaoke machine to the speakers and go, girl

I mean... right? Can't she just sing with a band and forget the technicals until the crew has it sorted? Idk

🐚

RichAssPiss

My question is, with all the COVID setbacks, how the hell did Katy Perry get a giant rocking horse? I can't even find my cat's preferred brand of food.  

LadyEnigma
7 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

My question is, with all the COVID setbacks, how the hell did Katy Perry get a giant rocking horse? I can't even find my cat's preferred brand of food.  

I think Katy has honestly been working on her show A LOT longer than Adele

HausOfHarlow

I had tickets for 2weeks from now. This concert was going to be my first concert since 2019, and was very much anticipated. Luckily, I've spent the last few hours cancelling the hotel, changing flights , etc. Decided to just go to Disneyland instead, which outside of tickets, hasn't cost too much extra! 

I'll hold out for new dates, but with my varied work schedule, it may be hard to accommodate a new date. All the best to Adele though! 

PunkTheFunk

Totally irresponsible on her part. She should've cancelled AT LEAST 3-5 days in advance. The day before is just embarrassing.

PunkTheFunk
2 hours ago, CRUISING said:

Imagine Gaga did this:reductive:

We don't have to imagine... :huntyga:

CanadaGoesGaga

I am perhaps a bit old school, and I fully understand the time period we are in… but what happened to the show must go on? 

Like I mean, I would fully understand if she was sick. Or if the crew who are sick are so vital to the performance that there is no way they can run any sort of show….

But due to the last minute nature of this announcement, and the reasoning Adele gave… it seems like the show really just wasn’t ready. Whether it’s scenic or show elements, or outfits, or rehearsals not being able to happen. 

So my thought is… why not cancel after this weekend? Do one weekend of special shows, intimate, a stool, a piano, and Adele? They could even go a step above and offer all who still come this weekend tickets to a new weekend of shows so they could see the actual show as planned.

That takes care of this weekend, then you reschedule the rest of the dates, and the rest of the ticket holders have time to plan ahead, rebook flights… etc. 

1 hour ago, Alannah said:

She has. :vegas:

And we all know why she did that, yet you guys still mock her after all these years :huntyga:

Roseblud Kisses
2 hours ago, FentyGa said:

she wouldn’t even do a video:ladyhaha: she’d wait until 2 hours before, and then she’d tweet “oh that’s happening btw”

1 hour ago, Alannah said:

She has. :vegas:

1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

We don't have to imagine... :huntyga:

I didn't mean cancel a concert. Literally every artist has. I meant cancel a concert the day before :laughga:

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

TortureMeOnReplay
7 hours ago, Aussie said:

Honestly these last minute cancellations annoy me. People from far away would have booked tickets, hotels and flights to attend. I agree with postponing during Omicron but with only 2 days notice?

Aside from her herself getting covid there's no excuse. 

7 hours ago, CameltoeKween said:

I'm sorry but it has to be said - some of y'all are acting like sociopaths in this thread :partysick:

Calling her very real emotions in that video "fake" is borderline offensive. And as for last minute cancellations have any of you considered that their was probably a sudden, massive outbreak amongst the crew that caused the rescheduling?

Why is everyone so f*cking cruel and emotionless all the time? It's such a downer :madge:

I saw somebody that bought tickets for her in 2017, flying from NYC to London with amazing tickets and the show was cancelled 2 days prior. She then booked tickets for this show as well and flew NYC to Vegas and the show was cancelled again. It sounds like Adele has a issue with cancelling last minute, and not only is it not a good look, but it's a lot of lost time and money for the attendees. If you already booked your accomodations and used half of them you're not getting a refund. And having tickets cancelled or rescheduled to the point where there's a refund involved means you just tied up somebody's money or credit line (and had them pay interest) on a service they didn't ultimately receive. If this was some random location such as NJ or TX or wherever it would be somewhat understandable. But we're talking about a place that more than likely has enough of a talent pool to pull together a show. For the price of these tickets and the travel involved it's just completely unacceptable. 

LilyLark
51 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Aside from her herself getting covid there's no excuse. 

I saw somebody that bought tickets for her in 2017, flying from NYC to London with amazing tickets and the show was cancelled 2 days prior. She then booked tickets for this show as well and flew NYC to Vegas and the show was cancelled again. It sounds like Adele has a issue with cancelling last minute, and not only is it not a good look, but it's a lot of lost time and money for the attendees. If you already booked your accomodations and used half of them you're not getting a refund. And having tickets cancelled or rescheduled to the point where there's a refund involved means you just tied up somebody's money or credit line (and had them pay interest) on a service they didn't ultimately receive. If this was some random location such as NJ or TX or wherever it would be somewhat understandable. But we're talking about a place that more than likely has enough of a talent pool to pull together a show. For the price of these tickets and the travel involved it's just completely unacceptable. 

Kind of agree. I love Adele, but she does have a habit of canceling last minute. If this was because she was ill or there was an outbreak of COVID, it'd be one thing, but this doesn't seem to be the case. If this was over COVID concerns and unfinished sets, the shows should have been canceled at least a week in advance if not more.

That said, this is on Adele's team far more than Adele herself if the sets are not ready, etc. But at the end of the day she's still the boss, even if she doesn't handle that sort of thing, and so she's ultimately responsible for getting people who can deliver on time. She should frankly fire whoever was organizing the shows. The fact that this has happened more than once illustrates that she probably needs a team that can handle the demand better imo (even if that makes me sound like a little manager).

*However, in terms of tickets (not hotel rooms, etc.).....Ticketmaster is responsible for tickets being super hard to refund. Sometimes they don't even have instructions on the website and you have to call to get your money back and it's insane.

Archived