Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Bey’s backing vocals on Telephone

FentyGa

Featured Posts

FentyGa

this tiktok came up on my FYP, it has about 20k likes which is decent:vegas:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLdh6Ngj/

bey sounds HEAVENLY. her voice suits the song so well, whoever decided to add her on is a GENIUS.

also a testament to how much work bey puts into everything she does. some artists record their verse and call it a day, but not bey.

1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

this tiktok came up on my FYP, it has about 20k likes which is decent:vegas:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLdh6Ngj/

bey sounds HEAVENLY. her voice suits the song so well, whoever decided to add her on is a GENIUS.

also a testament to how much work bey puts into everything she does. some artists record their verse and call it a day, but not bey.

Well- it’s not so much the work she does. All she had to do was record the vocal- the producers have to layer it which is exactly what this is. Layered and harmonized. She could record one verse and be done- the producers do the rest. 

FentyGa
54 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

Well- it’s not so much the work she does. All she had to do was record the vocal- the producers have to layer it which is exactly what this is. Layered and harmonized. She could record one verse and be done- the producers do the rest. 

but it’s not like she just recorded it once. she did many harmonies, which can take hours, on a part of the song that she doesn’t even sing and can hardly be heard. not to mention the video with all the choreo choreo, costume fittings, etc. she put more into it than someone like, say, nicki minaj or justin bieber would when they do a feature.

10 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

but it’s not like she just recorded it once. she did many harmonies, which can take hours, on a part of the song that she doesn’t even sing and can hardly be heard. not to mention the video with all the choreo choreo, costume fittings, etc. she put more into it than someone like, say, nicki minaj or justin bieber would when they do a feature.

The costume changes and choreo are from Gaga and the director’s vision. It’s kind of like Gaga learning the choreo for Video phone. Gaga did what a Beyonce and her director wanted her to do. As for the harmonies- they usually don’t have to record themselves in different keys to achieve harmony- for example here- Beyonce didn’t record herself in different keys. It was digitally done and remastered by a producer. Beyonce just had to record one key. This is typically the same for everyone in this day and time. 

hieronymus
50 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

The costume changes and choreo are from Gaga and the director’s vision. It’s kind of like Gaga learning the choreo for Video phone. Gaga did what a Beyonce and her director wanted her to do. As for the harmonies- they usually don’t have to record themselves in different keys to achieve harmony- for example here- Beyonce didn’t record herself in different keys. It was digitally done and remastered by a producer. Beyonce just had to record one key. This is typically the same for everyone in this day and time. 

And 13ish years ago? When Gaga and Beyonce were in incredibly different points in their careers? It's so easy to judge on today's metric, but it's empty when you're critiquing the music from over a decade ago.

blackpink
7 minutes ago, Chomby said:

And 13ish years ago? When Gaga and Beyonce were in incredibly different points in their careers? It's so easy to judge on today's metric, but it's empty when you're critiquing the music from over a decade ago.

the way people will find any way to discredit Beyoncé’s musical contributions is so weird to me? she did a great job with the backing vocals

ProdigyARTPOP
1 hour ago, NCgaga said:

That last part is not true,

you can’t vocal layer a harmony digitally,

without it sounding like SIRI or a robot so that’s not true, Ariana is main proof that vocal layering is done naturally and correctly still. Stop trying to discredit Beyoncé 

PussOfYonce
3 hours ago, NCgaga said:

you underestimate her talent with vocal production, she's said in interviews that she's layered up to 500 recordings before

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

PussOfYonce
2 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Beyonce didn’t record herself in different keys. It was digitally done and remastered by a producer. Beyonce just had to record one key. This is typically the same for everyone in this day and time. 

why would a star rated vocalist and a perfectionist even do this??????? Beyonce is incredibly talented and trying to discredit her is not it at all.

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

gypsy101
6 hours ago, NCgaga said:

4 hours ago, NCgaga said:

As for the harmonies- they usually don’t have to record themselves in different keys to achieve harmony- for example here- Beyonce didn’t record herself in different keys. It was digitally done and remastered by a producer. Beyonce just had to record one key. This is typically the same for everyone in this day and time. 

i don't think you're correct, Beyoncé is a very dedicated vocalist and most vocalists record the harmonies themselves. it just doesn't sound correct if it's done digitally.

2School4Cool

It’s so amazing and crazy to see the amount of artists who work tirelessly on layers upon layers of harmonies and powerful backing vocals like these only for us to never even notice them, yet the song wouldn’t be the same without them.

See The Best In Everyone

Lol, because I’m calling out an incredibly common production technique of layering, somehow I’m discrediting Beyoncé’s talent? Why are people so sensitive when it comes to her. Most pop stars have vocal layering production done, and yes with harmonies. Beyonce is not god. She is not untouchable when it comes to pointing things out. And I didn’t insult her at all- I said production di her harmonies, on a song she was featured on. GET. OVER . IT. 

Stone S
31 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

Lol, because I’m calling out an incredibly common production technique of layering, somehow I’m discrediting Beyoncé’s talent? Why are people so sensitive when it comes to her. Most pop stars have vocal layering production done, and yes with harmonies. Beyonce is not god. She is not untouchable when it comes to pointing things out. And I didn’t insult her at all- I said production di her harmonies, on a song she was featured on. GET. OVER . IT. 

You came in here with nothing positive to say about something that’s not that deep. I record music myself and do lots of layers. it’s exhausting. There’s a lot of depth and detail that goes into every recording. Especially with pop music. You may not be directly discrediting her talent, but you’re certainly discrediting her hard work, vocal strength, and dedication. 

Welcome to Industria

salty like sodium
4 hours ago, NCgaga said:

But for harmonies they do record their vocals again and again tho ... Do you even know how the music industry works? :huntyga: It's not like Beyoncé just walked in wailed a chorus and walked back out. Nor like she just got into her costume did one take of the video flawlessly and never did any extra angles or anything else. You're just reaching

Archived