💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana Del Rey - Watercolor Eyes (out NOW)

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

What’s this now? A soundtrack? Stand-alone single? Lead single of an upcoming album? 
I personally didn’t enjoy Chemtrails and Blue Bannisters except for a few songs. It’s not about not being celebrity or not writing for hits. It’s about quality most of all. Last two albums feel like she’s jot down some random ‘poems’ (with no deep ideas or vocab) and then speaks them in a melodic way with piano accompanying - voila, a new song.

grimreaperbarbie

It kinda sounds like it samples ''Creep'' by Radiohead, which is... curious :ally: for Lana. 

Chromatic, Chromatic, put your hands all over my colors.

• PlastiscGuy changed the title to Lana Del Rey - Watercolor Eyes (out NOW)
buzzkill
2 hours ago, thisguyN said:

What’s this now? A soundtrack? Stand-alone single? Lead single of an upcoming album? 
I personally didn’t enjoy Chemtrails and Blue Bannisters except for a few songs. It’s not about not being celebrity or not writing for hits. It’s about quality most of all. Last two albums feel like she’s jot down some random ‘poems’ (with no deep ideas or vocab) and then speaks them in a melodic way with piano accompanying - voila, a new song.

Its just a song for euphoria soundtrack. Chill 

Out now? I can't find it yet, is it local time, as soon as it's the 21st?

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Teletubby
1 minute ago, vpez said:

Out now? I can't find it yet, is it local time, as soon as it's the 21st?

yes, out at local time

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

MaybeKermit
3 hours ago, thisguyN said:

Yh I know what u mean, I think there was an interview too in which she said her songwriting style has changed and she writes poems over piano melodies, and then turns them into “songs”. 

her last two albums aren’t my favs but Blue Banisters really had some good songs. (My fav from chemtrails is the title track + White dress)

Inferno
23 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

How are we feeling about new Lana releases? I feel like there is no hype around her after Chemtrails... 

Imo her content is just blah. Over the years as shes gotten more and more bland she somehow becomes more critically acclaimed. I realize this seems to be an unpopular opinion

thatfoxyfeeling

Gotta be really in the mood to vibe to this she sounds angelic and I’m sure it fits the scene(s) in Euphoria but lyrically it’s boring and did nothing for me. 

6 hours ago, thisguyN said:

exactly this and we all know it's what she did, i hope she puts more work into her songs this year

HookerOnAChurch

It's a mix of things she already did in the past and way better than this, it's nice for what it is for sure.

ssslyboy

For some reason the last two albums are the ones that really struck a chord with me.  I like the mellowness and kind of grogginess about them, coupled with really good melodies.  It does help if you're two sheets to the wind while listening tho.  :ladyhaha:   There's also that one song on Blue Banisters that's really crazy and she goes nuts (I forgot which one).  I'm enjoying her atm. :awesome:

Inferno
14 hours ago, ssslyboy said:

For some reason the last two albums are the ones that really struck a chord with me.  I like the mellowness and kind of grogginess about them, coupled with really good melodies.  It does help if you're two sheets to the wind while listening tho.  :ladyhaha:   There's also that one song on Blue Banisters that's really crazy and she goes nuts (I forgot which one).  I'm enjoying her atm. :awesome:

I think her music has enjoyable qualities and im not against her recent material per say, I just think its pleasant nothingness..... if that makes sense. Yet... shes heralded as this alt siren poetess. Her existence in contemporary pop culture just makes me roll my eyes I guess. The part she plays and that millennial critics who grew up with her overrate her to the moon. Id enjoy her more even in her drabness if it weren't for her hype. Hype kills.

Archived