Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Your favorite Chromatica song (Excluding singles)

Kimmo

Nine singles   

168 members have voted

1. 1. Pick gheys

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

Alice will take that crown because it is eternally ethereal 90s house music:legend:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GovernmentHookah
49 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Alice will take that crown because it is eternally ethereal 90s house music:legend:

I agree! My obsession has not waned in the almost 2 years that I’ve been listening to Alice. My favorite Gaga track just for the production and chorus alone.

enissa11

Alice, i think it is genius because actually the Alice metaphor is always used in music to convey an acid trip, drugs and stuff like that, in this case is about depression, and I've never heard before a song using the Alice metaphor that way, do you?  The metaphor comes first in being in a hole for being depressed rather than being Alice, but she's falling so down a hole, she begs so desperately either to be taken home or to find wonderland herself, but instead she's stuck in a hole, sick and tired of waking up, screaming at the top of her lungs to be set free or to be pull out of it alive, thinking that she might as well leave herself behind, i think it's really about her struggles with suicidal thoughts and also at the same time a very torturous cry for help while striving for something better open to hear anything. My interpretation is that being "taken home" and being "set free" means end her life, end the torture, while to "find wonderland" means to find the way, the inspiration, the courage, the purpose, the "sine" within her depression to be able to move forward and keep going despite of everything else, it's the pain and the shackles of existence once you're in a depressive state of mind, being in the middle zone, in the hole trying to find the way to get out of it.
Honestly Gaga is a genius songwriter when it comes to metaphors, storytelling, double and triple entendres, and layered meanings in her pop songs, nobody really does it like her, all chromatica is filled with it too, and it really tells a story if you look closer.

Mad Architect of Light

djfreemymind

Idk if anyone else has seen/heard any parallels between Babylon and Applause. They're almost complete foils to one another.

Applause is a classic, but it very much speaks to the need for approval as an artist. Babylon, on the other hand, is a glossy anthem that speaks to the IDGAF of it all. You can say anything you want about her, as the general public always has. Not to say it doesn't have a cost. But go'head—Babble on, cause she's reclaiming her dance floor and battling for her life.

Also, we received so many versions of it! Reductive my 🍑. The whole team knew the Haus Labs version was a bop, yet they went with the vogue version. The choir turns it into a gay gospel, but even that bassline alone makes it all worth it. So glad she ended the album on this track. #ThatsGossiP

Master, play me your symphony; I will answer to anything. Take me on a trip,

Prostitute Barbie

For me when the album first came out it was SFA, few months later it was Replay for like a year, and now I listen to every version of Babylon daily :gaycat:

Blackout19

Omg, this is my favorite album from her. 

For sure is Free Woman. This song should be the lead single. 

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Pop Music

Plastic Doll 

top 3 in her discography 

pure pink bubblegum 80's pop and I couldn't be more here for it 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Pop Music
15 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Where’s all my Plastic Doll fans at???

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488624ceaf5493d3dd289ce679f26b4e573f71ad8492&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

RIGHT HERE BESTIE!!

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Replay, obviously. 

Talented, brilliant, incredible:
1. Replay
2. Babylon 
3. Alice

Great pop songs:
4. Love Me Right
5. Free Woman
6. Plastic Doll

Okay:
7. 1000 Doves (although the piano version is miles better)

I Don't Know Her:
8. Sine From Above
9. Fun Tonight

Archived