💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kelly Clarkson explains why she can’t listen to her early music

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Clarkson revealed that she can no longer listen to some of her earlier music in a recent Instagram Live on her “The Kelly Clarkson Show” account.
Kelly discussed the possibility of re-recording some of her older albums on Instagram Live, similar to what Taylor Swift has been doing in recent years.

She did admit that she might have some issues with some of the songs and would have to re-record them.

Kelly said:
Some of those songs…I can’t listen to.
On occasion, the producer will keep you there for an extended period of time.

I get along with all producers 99 percent of the time, but there’s that 1% where I’m like–oh, you’re not letting me leave this studio until I sing it exactly how you want it with a yooohooo instead of you or something like that.
As a result, I’m unable to listen to my own music.
It’s just strange.”

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Frankenztein

I love Kelly so much. She is one of the few 'celebrities' that is just a real person. I am so glad that she gets to make her music how she wants now.

PartySick

It's wild how little control artists have over music that predominantly has their name on it :deadbanana:

🖤

TimisaMonster

Well damn that's creepy...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

AJRocketMan
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

It's wild how little control artists have over music that predominantly has their name on it :deadbanana:

Well, if they didn’t write it… :shrug:

CoolTrainerTerry
3 hours ago, flyaway said:

omg who could that person be, luke?

don't really understand what that kould mean??

huttont
2 hours ago, Frankenztein said:

I love Kelly so much. She is one of the few 'celebrities' that is just a real person. I am so glad that she gets to make her music how she wants now.

She is the best! I got to meet her a few years ago and she is exactly how she portrays herself on tv. So genuine and friendly. And truly talented

PropaGaga
5 hours ago, flyaway said:

omg who could that person be, luke?

In this particular case, I believe she's referring to Max Martin, who is notorious for being a stickler for how vocals sound. He'll keep an artist in the studio for hours just to record one line until they sing it how he hears it in his head.  He said himself awhile back that he tortured Kelly during their sessions because, while she sounded technically great, it wasn't what he wanted from her and he kept making her do it over.

https://www.music-news.com/news/UK/127849/Max-Martin-tortured-Kelly-Clarkson-to-get-Since-U-Been-Gone-perfect

Summerboi14
46 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

In this particular case, I believe she's referring to Max Martin, who is notorious for being a stickler for how vocals sound. He'll keep an artist in the studio for hours just to record one line until they sing it how he hears it in his head.  He said himself awhile back that he tortured Kelly during their sessions because, while she sounded technically great, it wasn't what he wanted from her and he kept making her do it over.

https://www.music-news.com/news/UK/127849/Max-Martin-tortured-Kelly-Clarkson-to-get-Since-U-Been-Gone-perfect

Poor Taylor. That's why she is not working with right now.

CoolTrainerTerry
45 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

I don't doubt this at all. She's also made it known she did not have a good experience with Dr. Luke as well. 

enissa11
7 minutes ago, BloodyMary08 said:

Poor Taylor. That's why she is not working with right now.

i never liked the way he does pop music at all, everyone here is a sucker for him, and it's annoying, he's so formulaic and stereotypical, the same with Dr.L. I'm glad he only did a minimal contribution in stupid love, i wouldn't like gaga working with him, pop needs new blood.

Mad Architect of Light

2School4Cool

It’s always a shame to hear about artists who don’t have the creative freedom and control they deserve. Imagine working hard to make it in the industry and then not being able to make the music you really want to make. If Kelly would be happy re-recording her old music the way she wants to record it then I think that’s a great idea!

See The Best In Everyone

TortureMeOnReplay
59 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

i never liked the way he does pop music at all, everyone here is a sucker for him, and it's annoying, he's so formulaic and stereotypical, the same with Dr.L. I'm glad he only did a minimal contribution in stupid love, i wouldn't like gaga working with him, needs bloodpop

Agreed. 

Archived