💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift’s accusers say she must face trial even if she’s unhappy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

A pair of songwriters who say Taylor Swift stole the lyrics to “Shake It Off” have fired back at the superstar’s renewed efforts to escape the case, saying she’s not entitled to “rehash” old arguments simply because she’s “unhappy” that a judge sent the case to trial.

After a federal judge ruled in December that Taylor would have to stand trial over claims that she lifted lyrics from the 2001 song “Playas Gon’ Play,” her attorneys quickly asked the judge to reconsider his own decision – a rare step that judges take only if they’ve clearly gotten something wrong.

In a response filed Friday (Jan. 14), attorneys for “Playas” songwriters Sean Hall and Nathan Butler said there was “no conceivable procedural vehicle” for to ask for such a rare redo. “The rules simply do not provide defendants with vehicles for rehashing old arguments and are not intended to give an unhappy litigant one additional chance to sway the judge,”

The new filing also criticized Taylor Swift’s attorneys for citing media coverage that “bemoaned” the court’s decision against the singer, saying they had no legal value and the judge should not even consider them.

https://www.billboard.com/business/legal/taylor-swift-must-shake-it-off-trial-1235019464/

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Versace

Money hungry pigs tbh

Acting as if they own the common phrase “haters gonna hate”

Honestly stop delaying 1989 (TV) for the world to enjoy and maybe get a job if you’re broke...

hieronymus

This is the most flimsy copyright/plagiarism case I've ever heard of. They're so delusional if they think this will end favourably for them

Those two became irrelavant and nobodies the last decade so they saw a chance to get some money. Hope they don't get a sh*t :kiss:

berlinforme

"Taylor Swift’s accusers say she must face trial even if she’s unhappy"
The title makes it sound as if she assaulted someone. :air:

MadreMonster
2 hours ago, Versace said:

Money hungry pigs tbh

Acting as if they own the common phrase “haters gonna hate”

Honestly stop delaying 1989 (TV) for the world to enjoy and maybe get a job if you’re broke...

Didn’t Taylor try and trademark the phrase? :ladyhaha:

23 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

She tried to copyright "1989" (a year lol..) "Blank space" "Nice to meet ya where you been" "Look what you made me do" "Reputation" and she successfully trademarked "This sick beat". I love Taylor but she kinda deserves to get sued for a stupid reason for trying to trademark such basic sentences few years ago too

Illuminati
27 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

If I recall correctly it was for merch so companies couldn't randomly sue like this but for "stealing" a t-shirt phrase.

Versace
35 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

If I recall correctly it was for merch so companies couldn't randomly sue like this but for "stealing" a t-shirt phrase.

That and it’s mostly big machine’s business, people would be foolish to think she was personally requesting trademarks. We’ve seen how money hungry big machine is to the point they sabotaged Taylor herself with no regards to the years long relation they had.

rasclautmangos

Taylor has sued people for less. I think the songwriters have a valid argument. Taylor and her lawyers will have their day in court to dispute the accusations against her.

Archived