rumor

Gaga to join Marvel Studios / talks have resumed

dit

Featured Posts

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

I know people are LMAOing this but there were some fairly reliable people (not random twitter users) who mentioned this a few years ago.

The only things going on are a couple of Marvel TV shows, Fantastic Four, and then the Spiderman verse. I can't see Gaga signing on to something like Sue Storm, though, as that would probably require a multi-film deal that would lock her in schedule wise for a while. Allegedly Brie Larson has missed out on a bunch of roles due to the Marvel contract....

I could see her playing a villain or voice acting. Honestly wouldn't be shocked if she voiced Lylla (that was what was rumored back in the day by like legitimate sources, not just randos). They are already filming GOTG3, but voice acting is done separately...and she and Bradley are obvs. fine being associated with one another despite the rumors in the past (he did that director on director thing with Ridley, and I doubt he would have done that if he wasn't trying to help Gaga....and he also gave that glowing quote about her to THR).

The Marvel fandom can be super toxic (see how they treated Brie) but at this point film twitter (in terms of people who follow awards season) is so nasty towards Gaga I feel like Marvel would be relatively easy in comparison...and they usually focus their toxicity on the main character of a film.

LilyLark

Anyway, my wild guess it's Lylla or a villain in Fantastic Four.

I wish Venom was Marvel though...Venom is already a quasi gay icon lol and I think she and Tom Hardy would get on surprisingly well (he's super serious, but also has a tendency to say outlandish things...a la Gaga...and was the guy who said of course I've been with men, I'm an actor lol).

Edited; Apparently Spiderwoman is part of the MCU? If it is, I could absolutely see her as Madame Webb...the film is in pre production right now too....

1 hour ago, Wet Fire said:

Her first non-Oscar nominated role incoming :vegas:

Nevertheless, would love to see her in MCU :flutter:

Films not the bling x

Sneaky Oliver

I want her to be on cult movies not Marvel super heroes thing :bear:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

LilyLark

@River@dit

Is Olivia Wilde's Spiderwoman part of the MCU? I get so confused with the Sony-Marvel partnership with what's considered MCU and what's not. If so, I could see Olivia casting her as Madame Webb.

41 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

The only things going on are a couple of Marvel TV shows, Fantastic Four, and then the Spiderman verse.

She is Lady Gaga. She doesn’t have to audition for a role or join a project in pre-production. They could be talking about a film or series that will happen only in long term future.

MelbHawker

I’m a Marvel geek so I’d be sooo thrilled if she became part of the MCU. I’d want her to play a Superhero, not a villain. Would definitely open her up to a massive younger audience too.

zakariah

i just want her to play a one-off villain and do it really well and memorably, a la michael b jordan & cate blanchett

she doesn’t fit the superhero type tbh

Wet Fire
50 minutes ago, Samma123 said:

Films not the bling x

It's not about blings but MCU movies aren't really knows for characterization. We can't expect a nuanced portrayal. But as i said, not every role Gaga does has to have a great character depth. I'll enjoy it anyway. 

It feels like she is destined to star in a superhero film, whatever big role that may be. Even Stan Lee approves this. For me, i prefer a villain role too...but Gaga has done the Countess and Patrizia that feels villain-y, so maybe she would challenge herself to play a goody/light character this time. As a geek, im excited to see Gaga doing research by reading comics and being part of the cinematic universe of Marvel. And i'd like to see her doing action or fight scenes, with special effects, destroying her enemies...killing them with kindness :happy: :ally:

Archived