Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Gaga to join Marvel Studios / talks have resumed

dit

Featured Posts

Madam Margolyes
1 hour ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Because they have proved themselves with multiple movies and a very very long career. Gaga is only starting out, I wouldnt go down the path of comic book movies so early 

Not everyone i mentioned has long career, florence pugh for example is still a newcomer. She started out as a serious actress in a few prestige movies then ventured her way into MCU and faced no problem whatsoever with her serious actress image. And while in the MCU, she's still constantly getting cast in many oscar bait movies that are coming out this and next year.

Also we're talking about lady gaga here, the comic book stigma doesn't apply to her because if she gets cast in MCU this early in her acting career, public will always know her as "the lady gaga" not "the girl from that comic book movie". That's because she's built her name through a decade long successful, respected music career followed by a successful venture into acting. She's not some unknown who just "started out" and suddenly landed a role in a comic book movie. With a household name like lady gaga and 2 critically lauded acting performances under her belt already, being in comic book movies won't lessen her "serious actress" image. It's just a fun way to diversify her filmography as I believe those more serious roles will always come anyway.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlastiscGuy

This argument... it truly is dumb.

That idea some of you have that Gaga has to work with prestigious directors to appeal the film critics (Oscar bait films) is the same as saying Gaga has to do more contemporary music/jazz to appeal the GP when most of you want Gaga to do soulless dance pop music.

PG.

Stephen

Ugh can she please do DC. Marvel is so formulaic and played out.

Imagine her in a Oscar-baity character study like Joker

She could be the next Michelle Pfeiffer 

catwoman-1547826226-1547826228.gif

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

This argument... it truly is dumb.

That idea some of you have that Gaga has to work with prestigious directors to appeal the film critics (Oscar bait films) is the same as saying Gaga has to do more contemporary music/jazz to appeal the GP when most of you want Gaga to do soulless dance pop music.

Did it ever occur to you that she's taking decisions according to what she wants, and not what will appeal to critics? We both know Gaga would rather go into an emotionally challenging project than a bland blockbuster, it's not just about reception.

She literally accepted a lower paycheck for ASIB because that's how much she believed in the film and Bradley's vision - and yet, you seem to be convinced she's the type of person who would settle for Marvel? I'm sorry, but you need to make it make sense.

PlastiscGuy
13 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Did it ever occur to you that she's taking decisions according to what she wants, and not what will appeal to critics? We both know Gaga would rather go into an emotionally challenging project than a bland blockbuster, it's not just about reception.

She literally accepted a lower paycheck for ASIB because that's how much she believed in the film and Bradley's vision - and yet, you seem to be convinced she's the type of person who would settle for Marvel? I'm sorry, but you need to make it make sense.

Are you Gaga's personal friend to know what she wants? Just because you have a perception of who she is, it doesn't mean it's true. 

Remember when we all believed in the "music, not the bling"? But look at her now (not throwing shade, she has every right to do whatever she wants and become a business woman if she wants to) so, yeah.

PG.

RichAssPiss

Hoping this isn't true. Gaga avoiding franchises and building a career with serious roles in films with talented and legendary directors is such a power play on her part. She opened two R-rated dramas to respectable box office, which is something even the biggest stars struggle with. Her being in Marvel is a step down.

CooterFritter

If she joins a super hero movie she can go ahead and stop pretending to care about acting. 

Reality
35 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Ugh can she please do DC. Marvel is so formulaic and played out.

Imagine her in a Oscar-baity character study like Joker

She could be the next Michelle Pfeiffer 

catwoman-1547826226-1547826228.gif

If it's out of continuity like The Batman or Joker, then yes, but if it's in the DCEU.... :awkney: 

🃏🖤👹

NFRatwell

The way y’all say Gaga is above the MCU because she’s starred in 2 serious drama films, yet ignore the fact that one of them is with a guy who plays a raccoon in the MCU is hilarious. Gaga is allowed to play a role that she hopefully doesn’t need to struggle mentally from. Playing a hero or misunderstood villain in a superhero movie would allow her to take a break from the unhealthy relationship she has with acting, and she can connect with a lot of great actors and be in a more light hearted environment. 

Stephen
12 minutes ago, Reality said:

If it's out of continuity like The Batman or Joker, then yes, but if it's in the DCEU.... :awkney: 

Agreed. If she does a super hero movie I just hope it has a unique tone regardless of what company it is.

43 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

Are you Gaga's personal friend to know what she wants? Just because you have a perception of who she is, it doesn't mean it's true. 

Remember when we all believed in the "music, not the bling"? But look at her now (not throwing shade, she has every right to do whatever she wants and become a business woman if she wants to) so, yeah.

Did you skip the part were the user tells you that gaga accepted a lower paycheck for asib because she believed in the film that doesnt sound like money hungry business to me 

PlastiscGuy
2 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Did you skip the part were the user tells you that gaga accepted a lower paycheck for asib because she believed in the film that doesnt sound like money hungry business to me 

Did you skip the part where she said she didn't believe in selling perfumes, make up and stuff and now we have Haus Labs? Or the part where she signed a multimillionaire contract to perform in Las Vegas, where mostly only rich people can go? :billie:

PG.

JaysAMess

If it was down to some of you in this thread, Gaga's filmography would be dull as f*ck. :ladyhaha: 

I hope she accepts a role in the MCU and I hope she has multiple projects with Marvel. :vegas:

ThisBitch

She already did 2 good drama's. She can do a MCU film if she wants to. Marvel is enjoyable and fun!

Archived