MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

music news

GAYLE scores breakthrough UK Number 1 single with "abcdefu"

Featured Posts

Kalinda

"With 4.7 million streams plus the biggest digital download of the week, Gayle knocks Adele’s Easy On Me down to Number 2; Easy On Me spent eight non-consecutive weeks at the top of the Official Singles Chart.

At 17 years and six months old, Dallas rising star Gayle is one of the youngest acts to score a UK Number 1 single, and the third under-18 chart topper in less than two years, following Jawsh 685 and Olivia Rodrigo.

Meanwhile, the cast of Disney’s Encanto climb one to a new peak at Number 3 with We Don’t Talk About Bruno, while viral sensation Lauren Spencer-Smith rockets 86 places to Number 4 with Fingers Crossed. Jessica Darrow’s Surface Pressure, also from Encanto, jumps six places to Number 8"

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/gayle-scores-breakthrough-uk-number-1-single-with-abcdefu-thank-you-for-being-angry-with-me-__34992/

I know some really hate this song, but this is an insane achievement for a 17-year-old. And I love the recent trend of teen girls scoring viral hits. :cool: 

Edited by Kalinda
  • Love 1
  • Shook 2
Healed My Heart

Just heard it for the first time and I kind of love it!

"Everybody but your dog" :billie:

Screenshot-20220114-101613-2.png

She/her 💗💜💙