Lady Gaga to be announced as Cleopatra after awards season

Andrea B

Featured Posts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AdmistTheLight
2 minutes ago, Der Meister said:

But Cleopatra was white, educate yourself.

They know Cleopatra was white, tho?

Maybe read comments carefully before being unnecessarily aggressive 

Liberaté mi amor

bionic
59 minutes ago, dit said:

Cleopatra was Macedonian with hints of Persian (Iranian) because the Ptolemaic dynasty intermarried with the Seleucids (an Iranian / Persian royal family). Meaning Cleopatra likely looked like most South Europeans and Middle Easterners...Gaga is South European and she can pass for a Middle Eastern woman too. This is a perfect casting in terms of looks. 

Additionally, modern day Egyptians are ancestors of the ancient Egyptians. Meaning Ancient Egyptians look exactly like modern day Egyptians (which are mostly olive skinned to white...like most South Europeans and Middle Eastern people). Ancient Egyptians were not black and Cleopatra was not black either. Of course there were black people in ancient egypt just as there are some black people in modern day Egypt but the vast majority of the population looked and STILL looks like this (You can put Gaga in this photo with her natural dark hair and she would fit right in to be honest):

main-qimg-a0553fb6bf6d10aaa42260f19b903c

Aside from maybe 2/3 of these people, Gaga would stand out like a sore thumb.

buy bionic

elijahfan

I mean, technically Denis Villeneuve did announce his intentions of making a Cleopatra movie and that might be his next project after Dune. Whether Gaga will be cast or not is really a matter of speculation, but the project does exist.

PawsUpJago

I just want to her to work with a director/editor that knows how to properly edit/pace a film, that would be nice :)

I'd rather see her take a different journey rather than go right into a big Disney or Marvel role next tbh. Would love to see her in an A24 film or something some day 

jacs vs looser

If y'all bothered to check other posts by this Twitter account, you'd realize how fake this is. 

Honestly, this site should have a rule to not allow "rumor" threads that are based on Twitter accounts with less than 1 thousand followers. 

Gabi001
2 hours ago, Der Meister said:

But Cleopatra was white, educate yourself.

Exactly, that's why I am asking that why are people mad when a white actress portraits her. I'm educated enough in history, don't worry. 

I'm not having fun tonight.

1 hour ago, AshIey said:

Not believing this source. But I do feel Gaga would make a better Cleopatra than Gal Gadot.

I think almost every actress in Hollywood woulk make a better Cleopatra than Gal :huntyga:

elijahfan
9 minutes ago, Monet said:

I think almost every actress in Hollywood woulk make a better Cleopatra than Gal :huntyga:

I mean, no disrespect to Gal, but so far it seems like she's suffering from the pretty girl acting in blockbusters syndrome, meaning she didn't really get the chance to show her acting chops so far, if she has any. Maybe this will be the time for her to do it, but I doubt it, and the fact she's producing the film further shows she wasn't chosen because she was necessarily the best actress for the role. I'm not really excited for that version, ngl.

3 hours ago, bionic said:

Not really tbh. I think you are picturing Gaga with blonde hair and what not. Gaga has a lot of phenotype similar to Semetic people (Arabs, Jewish people etc...). She is also mostly Sicilian. Sicilians are known to have had ancient mixture with Arabs and Berbers because Sicily was actually part of an Islamic nation for over 300 years (maybe more). 

If Gaga were to get a little tanned and have brown hair and dress up more like the people in this region she'd fit in easily. I know tons of Arabs who look like her. 

I hope not. Too many people are going to try to say Cleopatra was black or WOC and take it out on Gaga, even though Gaga is Italian and Cleo’s ethnic linage was Mediterranean Europe, and not middle eastern. 

12 hours ago, LilyLark said:

The Marvel stuff, at least when it popped up a few years ago, was from more reputable sources, too, not just some rando on twitter who just joined lol.

The one thing that gives me pause about Marvel is they usually require their actors to sign a multi-pic deal. Could Gaga even do that with her remaining Vegas shows (plus her label will defn. require her to do some shows post-COVID, even if it's not a full on tour), etc.? Then again, if it's voice acting, a supporting role, or a villain role (one and done)...she would probably have more flexibility.

I'd like her to play Madame Web tbh. I don't know much about her, but she has some connection with Spiderman and seems like this cool and mysterious figure that works from the shadows (and probably doesn't appear that often / require Gaga to be available for acting).

4 hours ago, bionic said:

IMG_LA-3056921_ca_0823_f_2_1_GF46Q7J8.jp

+ black or dark brown hair = literal perfect casting

Archived