rumor

Lady Gaga to be announced as Cleopatra after awards season

Andrea B

Featured Posts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

Highly doubt it tbh. Denis's film has been delayed before and I doubt the studio will be in a rush to produce it when there's another Cleopatra film coming out that's already way further along in production (pre-pandemic, putting out 2 Cleopatra films wouldn't be a big deal, but post-pandemic...absolutely). Plus, Denis has the Dune sequel and probably even the third Dune (he apparently wants to do a trilogy). Plus, Gaga may have wanted to play Cleopatra but I doubt her agent wants her to do it after there was backlash for casting Gal (not just because Gal is problematic, but because she's white).  Cleo may have been Macedonian/Albanian (there were definitely Black Egyptian Queens thought like Nefertiti) but a lot of the gp sees her as a WOC to the point there were multiple articles slamming Gal for playing a "WOC".

*Also, that's some random account with few followers that just opened from Italy. How on earth would they know anything about it?

LilyLark
4 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

eugh this is gonna be so divisive

a lot of people are gonna be mad

I'm like 99% sure it's BS for multiple reasons (Denis's filming schedule, etc.).

RichAssPiss

I hope her friends and family are ready to listen to her speak to them as Cleopatra in her "Egyptian" accent for the next year. 

Helxig

I really wish the Gaga one was being made instead of the Gal Gadot one :koons:  if the Gal movie gets made in place of the Gaga one then we really lost

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Andrea B
12 minutes ago, julz said:

Well...she did say she wanted to portray Cleo in an interview. 

YES! I think it was the Vogue Interview(73 questions) 

This is fake. Take one look at that profile and you’ll see that. But of course, you guys would rather believe in fake rumours and then blame Gaga when they don’t come true :lmao:

Gosh when will people understand that Cleopatra was ethnic Greek/Macedonian, only people shell piss off are the Greeks because they dont like being confused with Italians 😄

Gaga would be a very good Cleopatra, she has the looks and her type of acting fits imo

Archived