news

‘Fame Monster’ & ‘Joanne’ New Exclusive Cover Vinyls

Perfume

Featured Posts

Daenerys
8 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

honestly still confused about what the hell NFTs are lol 

It’s basically buying someone’s online  receipt from them. A literal scam

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lextyr97

Can someone please explain NFTs to me like a dumbass and then like an intelligent person? Please and thank you. I can’t find a definitive answer anywhere.

AJRocketMan
16 hours ago, BloodyMary08 said:

They should do more important things like arranging an anniversary for the most culture changing album in recent history.

The Fame? It’ll be 20 years in 2028.

27 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Can someone please explain NFTs to me like a dumbass and then like an intelligent person? Please and thank you. I can’t find a definitive answer anywhere.

In general, you're paying money to own a jpeg. You pay money to an artist and then its yours, the rights handed over to you. People can screenshot, copy-paste, whatever, but it is yours. 

It essence its really like any artwork in a museum. The Mona Lisa is owned by the Louvre, but anyone in the world can take a picture or put it as their homescreen, etc. 

FATCAT
19 hours ago, littlepotter said:

I'm confused, are they NFTs or are they physical vinyls :bear:

I'm find with NFT's, I'm actually upset the Love For Sale signed covers weren't NFT's.

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT
1 hour ago, TylerBR97 said:

NFT means non-fungible token. A non-fungible means non-interchangeable. Money, like a US dollar, is interchangeable. It's value is $1.00 USD no matter which you swap it out for. This token is a lot like a certificate that says you own it. It's stored on the blockchain, which is essentially a public record of who owns what. It's essentially just a fancy way to prove you own something, but the asset in this case is digital. 

Now, I personally think that it's convoluted and just a new version of money laundering, but physical art is already used for that. It's just the new iteration of certificates of authenticity. Plus, there's a public trail, so when you sell it you can track it.

Purr more, hiss less.

Andreu
10 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I love the record but why would you pick Joanne to create a reimagined cover when you have ARTPOP, Born This Way AND Chromatica as options which have way more interesting and diverse imagery?! :yennefer:

Inb4 bc it was the one who needed it the most

Summerboi14
1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

The Fame? It’ll be 20 years in 2028.

No. I meant Lana but they ignore most of their artists. I think GaGa was the one who cared about the 10 years anniversaries and not Interscope.

Inferno
On 1/14/2022 at 12:39 PM, FATCAT said:

NFT means non-fungible token. A non-fungible means non-interchangeable. Money, like a US dollar, is interchangeable. It's value is $1.00 USD no matter which you swap it out for. This token is a lot like a certificate that says you own it. It's stored on the blockchain, which is essentially a public record of who owns what. It's essentially just a fancy way to prove you own something, but the asset in this case is digital. 

Now, I personally think that it's convoluted and just a new version of money laundering, but physical art is already used for that. It's just the new iteration of certificates of authenticity. Plus, there's a public trail, so when you sell it you can track it.

Sure but why must they be stupid images of monkeys or whatever, why don't the people who started all of this link it to original content people actually desire to share?

Inferno
On 1/14/2022 at 1:06 PM, BloodyMary08 said:

No. I meant Lana but they ignore most of their artists. I think GaGa was the one who cared about the 10 years anniversaries and not Interscope.

Pfff culture changing BTD was not but okay. Please do not send me a paragraph explaining why you think im wrong, not going to engage further in that conversation :queenga: But silliness aside, I actually think it was the label that wanted to profit from her early albums legacies and I truly don't think Gaga gave af about the 10 year anniversaries as evidenced by her blatant lack of involvement and promotion of those releases.

FATCAT
9 hours ago, Inferno said:

Sure but why must they be stupid images of monkeys or whatever, why don't the people who started all of this link it to original content people actually desire to share?

Probably because "collections" and "collectables" are popular irl too. Like pokemon cards.

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived