💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The Wheel of Time

Joshie

Featured Posts

Excuse me laydehs, but why isn’t there a Wheel of Time thread?!

It’s on Amazon Prime, came out in November I believe, based on the book series of the same name. 

I absolutely loved it, biggest enjoyment in ages from a series, so much so I’m now halfway through the first book.

Anyone else watched it?

Lona Delery

ive wanted to read the books for years now as an ASOIAF replacement but i keep forgetting :rip:

how faithful is the series to the books from as far as u can tell?

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Mother of Puppies

I started watching it... I'm on episode 5... it's ok but this ain't GOT :ohwell:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

I liked it!:enigma: The CGI was pretty bad, though, especially the landscape shots. Also, after the last episode I felt like not many things had happened during this season. I hope next season has better CGI and pacing :triggered:

2 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

ive wanted to read the books for years now as an ASOIAF replacement but i keep forgetting :rip:

how faithful is the series to the books from as far as u can tell?

So, there’s obvious differences but overall, I’d say the series sticks pretty close to the book. From episode 1 to episode 8 or whatever, I’d say the noticeable difference is there’s less trollocs in the series! 

1 hour ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I started watching it... I'm on episode 5... it's ok but this ain't GOT :ohwell:

Well, no. Can anything compare to GOT. However I am enjoying it more than any other series in this category since GOT. I think I prefer it to The Witcher? Do you?

1 hour ago, NoahSuns said:

I liked it!:enigma: The CGI was pretty bad, though, especially the landscape shots. Also, after the last episode I felt like not many things had happened during this season. I hope next season has better CGI and pacing :triggered:

Yeah, but I guess first season they didn’t want to go crazy on VFX. I’ve heard the budget is substantially more for S2.

jimmytimestep

Rosamund Pike was incredible in this. My only gripe is that some of the young actors in central roles feel more like "models who act" rather than the other way around, and next to heavy hitters with deep, theatre-based backgrounds like Rosamund, Daniel Henney, and Kate Fleetwood they occasionally let down. 

But overall in terms of the spectacle, while not always perfect it really delivered, was gorgeous to look at, and is one of the most accessible and easy to watch fantasy series ever without deeplycompromising the weight of the source material. There are light compromises, sure. But I had a hell of an easier time getting into this than I did GoT. It grabs you from moment one and keeps the action going.

TimisaMonster

It's like Game of Thrones and Avatar: The Last Air Bender had a baby :giveup:

I can't wait for Season 2! :nooo:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Still in ep 5 .. the story is great and have potential . 

But there's something wrong with the acting .. and they way they roll the camera in fight scene it gave me headache.  Hope the season 2 is better .

BTW I think its too early to compare it with got .. even got s1 was not that good . 

1 hour ago, Married the Night said:

It a wonderful adaptation. I’m on book 4!

Are all the books as long as book 1?! I got it a few weeks ago, I'm just over half way through and I'm enjoying it. How do books, 2, 3 and 4 compare to book 1?

5 minutes ago, Joshie said:

Are all the books as long as book 1?! I got it a few weeks ago, I'm just over half way through and I'm enjoying it. How do books, 2, 3 and 4 compare to book 1?

I’m on book 3. Book 2 (especially the 2nd half) was AMAZING! Lots of action. Book 3 is better so far. 

Honestly, finish up book 1 but it gets better in my opinion.

By the way, when Moirane told Siuan to get on her knees I hollered. :ally:

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

heavymetalartpop

It’s trash. I read all the books and was excited for the show, but nothing about the show is “wheel of time” except for the characters’ names. I understand consolidating storylines as this can’t be a 14 season show, but they add in so many of these arbitrary plotlines and ignore much of the pre existing storyline. It’s really unfortunate and I tried to forgive it for a couple of episodes, but it’s truly a slap in the face to the world that Robert Jordan created. 

Affinity4PoP

Thoroughly enjoyed the season! Rosamind Pike is incredible as Moraine. 

The season was too short for me 😫 but still loved it.

Midnightrush891

I watched the first few episodes and loved it, but I was high off some potent edibles. I’ll have to rewatch. I have nothing but time, because I’m forced to isolate before I can fly home from Brazil. Pray for me y’all! 

Archived