MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

politics

SCOTUS blocks Biden’s vaccine mandate

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

bionic

This seems like a fair decision based on legislation (putting aside your views on mandates). Biden doesn't have power to impose this mandate– if Congress wants it, Congress must pass a bill to that effect.

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Mister G
11 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I work in the banking industry and I can tell you a lot of the big ones are mandating vaccination or regular testing. Not complying with either will impact employment status. I found it laughable yet not surprising that several of the lawyers fighting this mandate had to argue virtually after testing positive for COVID, but you know reasons.

Edited by Mister G
  • Like 1
PartySick

Good news is a ton of companies are adopting the rule anyway, including the one I work for.

So there :diane:

Tired of injustice! Tired of the schemes! Lies are disgusted! So what does it mean!
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 5
PrincessGUY

The company I work for has already mandated it anyway and already passed the deadline, and this was during the first stalling a few months back. If I’m thinking correctly, companies can still mandate the vaccine per their own policy, which a lot of them are. I don’t know the reasoning behind the stalling (I stopped following a lot of news for mental health reasons) but this isn’t impeding any progress afaik

SamanthaC
2 minutes ago, PrincessGUY said:

The company I work for has already mandated it anyway and already passed the deadline, and this was during the first stalling a few months back. If I’m thinking correctly, companies can still mandate the vaccine per their own policy, which a lot of them are. I don’t know the reasoning behind the stalling (I stopped following a lot of news for mental health reasons) but this isn’t impeding any progress afaik

If companies are allowed to refuse birth control or abortions on their health plans vaccine mandated should be allowed too. Hopefully many more companies are following. 

she/her/hers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
PartySick
13 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

The US: My biggest enemy is me :bear:

Don't pop a 911 'cause it's against my religion :grr:

Tired of injustice! Tired of the schemes! Lies are disgusted! So what does it mean!
  • LMAO 2
PrincessGUY
39 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

If companies are allowed to refuse birth control or abortions on their health plans vaccine mandated should be allowed too. Hopefully many more companies are following. 

Exactly and I think/hope more companies will start putting a mandate in their policy with omicron if they aren’t already starting to do so

• Like 1
Economy
4 hours ago, Mister G said:

I work in the banking industry and I can tell you a lot of the big ones are mandating vaccination or regular testing. Not complying with either will impact employment status. I found it laughable yet not surprising that several of the lawyers fighting this mandate had to argue virtually after testing positive for COVID, but you know reasons.

Considering against Omicrom current vaccines dont usually prevent symptomatic infection and ull sill test positive i dont really find it that laughable for that reason

Now if they were in the hospital it would be a different story :enigma:

• Like 1