💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

FKA twigs - CAPRISONGS (Out NOW)

BleepBloop

Featured Posts

Danny Milk
46 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I thought their collab was supposed to be on this album :huh: was it canceled? It sounded really promising in the Studio2054 performance 

the collab was suppossed to be released by Dua in early 2021, apparently we've only heard half the song and SZA is supposedly featured on the track too 

I guess it doesn't really matter

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This mixtape is just straight up VIBES, my girl never fails to deliver :vegas:

... and now i just sit in silence.

Decided to wait for midnight my time to listen. Three songs in and I'm already living. Love this totally new direction for her.

The voice note about the Dua collab sent me because it's all I tweet about every 4 weeks but sis.... WHERE is it 

Morphine Prince

Overall pretty good!

I’ll have to listen to it more though cause there’s a lot to unpack. 

My favorites: ride the dragon, tears in the club, oh my love, papi bones, jealousy, darjeeling, thank you song 

• BleepBloop changed the title to FKA twigs - CAPRISONGS (Out NOW)
MaybeKermit

ok so I've been following her since 2012-2013, and I'm so proud of her... damn

and I don't get why people say it's a completely new direction for her... She's always had a very RnB sound, and especially since 2015 she started to develop a more RnB-Poppy sound in her (side) project.
So I'm definitely not surprised.

In contrary, I love how much she kept a lot of her signature sound and still made it sound like RnB/Trap Pop/unique.

I love it !

tomsches

Ok hear me out... cause I know that on this website you get a bunch of comments like "Why are you in this thread if you don't like it" if you criticize a new album.

It's definitely not a bad album at all. But for me personally, it is her worst release to date. Like, even her EPs at the beginning of her career were better than this. FKA twigs is one of my favourite artists and I've really enjoyed her previous work. This one just seems too commercial and too pop FOR MY PERSONAL TASTE. The 3rd album of any artist is always difficult, because you can't keep doing the same thing but you also don't want to stray away too much from what your fans love you for. And I get that she was in a much happier place when she wrote Caprisongs and she wrote it because she missed dancing with her friends and all that and I can appreciate that. 

Even though it's very commercial and very pop, I can still see FKA Twigs's signature sound and her experimentalism, so I still enjoy most of the album. In comparison to the magnificence of LP1, Magdalene and M3L155X, this one just seems too "normal" if that makes any sense.

Still great album!

AURAOFSHEISSE

SO GOOD!! I skipped school to listen to it this morning

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

Najoua Belyzel

I have been listening few times... and it doesn't feel inspired comparing to her previews works...

Even the few songs that I like are filled with endless cringy dialogues... :saladga: 

I'm having a meltdown  

Sorry :messga:

alsemanche
10 minutes ago, Najoua Belyzel said:

I have been listening few times... and it doesn't feel inspired comparing to her previews works...

Even the few songs that I like are filled with endless cringy dialogues... :saladga: 

I'm having a meltdown  

Sorry :messga:

It's a mixtape dedicated to herself and her friends and the people who helped her and inpired her to work on music again, hence the dialogues. And it's not a full album, mixtapes are usually not as elaborate in terms of concepts and depth of meaning and stuff. I'm sure she still has the inspirational and deep edge she's always had (and I can still feel it in Caprisongs tbh) but I don't see her pouring that out on a mixtape. Also I fully expect a full album release not too far in the future idk... it's definitely her least "serious" work though i totally get that.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

BleepBloop
6 hours ago, tomsches said:

Ok hear me out... cause I know that on this website you get a bunch of comments like "Why are you in this thread if you don't like it" if you criticize a new album.

It's definitely not a bad album at all. But for me personally, it is her worst release to date. Like, even her EPs at the beginning of her career were better than this. FKA twigs is one of my favourite artists and I've really enjoyed her previous work. This one just seems too commercial and too pop FOR MY PERSONAL TASTE. The 3rd album of any artist is always difficult, because you can't keep doing the same thing but you also don't want to stray away too much from what your fans love you for. And I get that she was in a much happier place when she wrote Caprisongs and she wrote it because she missed dancing with her friends and all that and I can appreciate that. 

Even though it's very commercial and very pop, I can still see FKA Twigs's signature sound and her experimentalism, so I still enjoy most of the album. In comparison to the magnificence of LP1, Magdalene and M3L155X, this one just seems too "normal" if that makes any sense.

Still great album!

It’s a mixtape and it is supposed to be lighter and less “impressive”, it literally was her full intention

like, it’s very obvious why it’s labeled as a mixtape

Najoua Belyzel
12 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

It's a mixtape dedicated to herself and her friends and the people who helped her and inpired her to work on music again, hence the dialogues. And it's not a full album, mixtapes are usually not as elaborate in terms of concepts and depth of meaning and stuff. I'm sure she still has the inspirational and deep edge she's always had (and I can still feel it in Caprisongs tbh) but I don't see her pouring that out on a mixtape. Also I fully expect a full album release not too far in the future idk... it's definitely her least "serious" work though i totally get that.

Thanks for your answer ! I didn't know !

I understand the lighter approach now.

I still wish the dialogues could have been on separate interludes tho :wtfga:

HookerOnAChurch

Out of the new tracks I really liked "Careless". "Tears in the Club" remains the best one. 

Archived