💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ronnie Spector, 1960s Icon and Ronettes Leader, Dies at 78

Kalinda

Featured Posts

Kalinda

Family Statement on the Passing of Ronnie Spector:

"Our beloved earth angel, Ronnie, peacefully left this world today after a brief battle with cancer. She was with family and in the arms of her husband, Jonathan. Ronnie lived her life with a twinkle in her eye, a spunky attitude, a wicked sense of humor and a smile on her face.  She was filled with love and gratitude. Her joyful sound, playful nature and magical presence will live on in all who knew, heard or saw her.  

In lieu of flowers, Ronnie requested that donations be made to your local women’s shelter or to the American Indian College Fund. A celebration of Ronnie’s life and music will be announced in the future. The family respectfully asks for privacy at this time."

RIP queen :(

Cameltoe Chariot

What an icon and music legend. Ronnie left an indelible mark on music for the rest of time.

AJRocketMan

No!! I love The Ronettes. Be My Baby and Baby I Love You are amazing songs. I am SO sad!

Anderson123

So sad, damn cancer. The Ronettes only had one album but made quite an impact in music. Heavily influenced Amy Winehouse.

luckyanderson
1 hour ago, Debithius said:

Why does she look like Cardi B? :triggered:

This was NOT the comment you thought it was. :interestinga: I really suggest you look into Ronnie herself to hear her life story of hardship, heartache and eventual triumph. The Ronettes were before their time and have inspired many of today's most recent performers aesthetically and artistically. "Be My Baby" is an iconic work of Americana music history.

AJRocketMan

Here’s another classic from The Ronettes. The Wall of Sound production is incredible. Gaga should have gone in this direction for Joanne instead.

Here’s the isolated vocals from the song. Ronnie’s voice gives me chills!

Sonny, Cher, and Darlene Love recorded the background vocals of this track. Yes, Cher was in this!! She was 17 here. Darlene Love is the woman who sang “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)”.

Fun Fact: Cher was actually Ronnie’s best friend back in the ‘60s. She told her everything.

Debithius
18 hours ago, luckyanderson said:

This was NOT the comment you thought it was. :interestinga: I really suggest you look into Ronnie herself to hear her life story of hardship, heartache and eventual triumph. The Ronettes were before their time and have inspired many of today's most recent performers aesthetically and artistically. "Be My Baby" is an iconic work of Americana music history.

Wasn't really trying to be funny, just an observation. I am not an American, neither do I listen to Americana music or care for celebrity hardships that people in the millions experience every single day. 

Archived