Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARUTW would never be a single

Akiki

Featured Posts

I was thinking about ASIB and looking back it made sense to not push Always remember us this way after the monster hit that “Shallow” was.

It would be risky for Gaga’s next solo project. Not for us die hard fans (we would love it) but the GP would start to hope for more songs like “Shallow” and less “Bad Romance”. Chromatica (or whatever she was planning at the time) could face rejection from the great public. 

The other possible reason was to establish Gaga the actress and avoid future type casting or casting her based on the prospect of getting another hit soundtrack. 

It would've been another hit for her but I think they didn't want to push it because it might have led to Shallow falling from charts

Rahrahbitchson

It doesnt need to be a single, it is already a HIT

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Unpopular opinion but ARUTW should’ve never been a single. The fact that it achieved so much despite being an album track makes it even more impressive. How many pop girls have an album track that has 1B streams, certified diamond in a major market and nominated for SOTY at the Grammys? Exactly. None.

nswain1110
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It would've been another hit for her but I think they didn't want to push it because it might have led to Shallow falling from charts

Agreed - Shallow kept exploding in various markets and they decided to ride that wave all the way to the bank. Pushing ARUTW probably just didn’t make sense from a financial standpoint since it was already doing well w/ streaming, and concurrently with Shallows increasing popularity. Would’ve been cool to hear ARUTW on the radio though… 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

1 minute ago, nswain1110 said:

they decided to ride that wave all the way to the bank.

I need that wave in my bank :fatcat:

Gabi001

ARUTW is already universaly acclaimed classic - it is regularly sung on talent shows in my country, it is played in radio very often and it is loved by my GP friends. Organic hit did that without any promo :golfclap:

I'm not having fun tonight.

MANiCURE 6

Well in Europe (France at least) we had 3 singles out of ASIB and each one were big massive hits both on charts and airplay !

Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way and I'll Never Love Again were literally everywhere ! :firega:

Der Meister

ARUTW would have reached #1 or #2 after Shallow, if you disagree you are delusional. Don't @ me.

BiblicalS3NSE
1 hour ago, Akiki said:

would be risky for Gaga’s next solo project. Not for us die hard fans (we would love it) but the GP would start to hope for more songs like “Shallow” and less “Bad Romance”. Chromatica (or whatever she was planning at the time) could face rejection from the great public. 

Idk, most people were just "bleh" about Chromatica, so you got a point there, I guess most expected more after "Shallow". She should've released ARUTW after Shallow hype died down, scrap Chromatica, and make a better album full of shallows, MTNs and TEOGs!:bradley:

Matt. 6:10

Lady Adga

I have heard ARUTW several times on the radio (on a station called alpha fm, specifically, from Brazil, through tune in), it is the version without audience. I love that song! 

Florian

ARUTW was a single in France and it was a hit even if Shallow was huge.

Then INLA became a single and was a hit too. 

At one point all 3 singles were playing regularly on the radio, cementing ASIB success

JustTea
1 hour ago, nswain1110 said:

Agreed - Shallow kept exploding in various markets and they decided to ride that wave all the way to the bank. Pushing ARUTW probably just didn’t make sense from a financial standpoint since it was already doing well w/ streaming, and concurrently with Shallows increasing popularity. Would’ve been cool to hear ARUTW on the radio though… 

ARUTW was all over the radio in Europe, almost as big radio hit as Shallow. :legend:

Archived