JLoveLamar
10 hours ago, Regina George said:

Wait why is Kristen not nominated? :poot:

Looks like Jennifer Hudson took her spot

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roseblud Kisses

Meanwhile the film has earned $169 million worldwide at the box office (according to Mojo) yet the Wikipedia page shows only $127 million.

Time to update the Wikipedia page for House of Gucci, sistrens:partysick:

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

StrawberryBlond

Really surprised that the entire film got so much support considering how mixed the reception was. I'm absolutely shook at Kristen missing out on a nomination as I thought she was getting nominated everywhere. It looks like industry support is a major factor and she's just too much of an indie actress to gain that. I'd forgotten that Jennifer had an acting role this year as I'd not seen her be nominated anywhere major. When looking it up, it didn't get much recognition and only at more minor ceremonies so it looks like she's unlikely to win but her inclusion alone shows how much this particular subsection of voters must admire her. This means there's 2 singers-turned-actors vying for a win, has this ever happened before? As for the others, Olivia didn't have as much support as I thought, so it seems Gaga's only real competition is Jessica and Nicole. I still believe the Oscar nomination is coming now, along with a BAFTA. The stars are really aligning now.

pedrohemg
34 minutes ago, CRUISING said:

Meanwhile the film has earned $169 million worldwide at the box office (according to Mojo) yet the Wikipedia page shows only $127 million.

Time to update the Wikipedia page for House of Gucci, sistrens:partysick:

This must be a mistake from them. I mean, it jumped from 135 to 169.

Roseblud Kisses
3 hours ago, zakariah said:

in hindsight kristen's snub isn't all too surprising, the SAG awards are sometimes about the industry connections one has (or doesn't), and I would think bella swan wouldn't have too many peers in the industry

It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with industry connections but with the simple fact that 'Spencer' is a shallow, lazy and awful film (as many critics have pointed out). The most obvious observation is how they totally failed Diana's 1991 hairstyle - quite surprising when she is literally the most photographed woman of all time and anyone with an internet connection can google "Princess Diana 1991" to see what Diana's actual hairstyle looked. 

No, she did not have a shoulder length bob, as portrayed By Kristen Stewart in the movie. This shows the makers of the movie did not even do the most basic research. And this carelessness, which is actually just coldness, permeates through the dreadful film.

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

26 minutes ago, CRUISING said:

It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with industry connections but with the simple fact that 'Spencer' is a shallow, lazy and awful film (as many critics have pointed out). The most obvious observation is how they totally failed Diana's 1991 hairstyle - quite surprising when she is literally the most photographed woman of all time and anyone with an internet connection can google "Princess Diana 1991" to see what Diana's actual hairstyle looked. 

No, she did not have a shoulder length bob, as portrayed By Kristen Stewart in the movie. This shows the makers of the movie did not even do the most basic research. And this carelessness, which is actually just coldness, permeates through the dreadful film.

The fact that 100% of Kristen’s wardrobe in the movie is Chanel when Princess Diana loathed that brand in reality :air:

11 hours ago, CameltoeKween said:

Me, in this thread, after the usual supposed fans dragged Gaga for the past week trying to convince everyone her "Oscar race" was over:

tsmadison-laughing.gif

Our queen stays blessed, snatched and winning :vegas:

At least if you're gonna attack me, name me. Also my thread was only a question about whether the race is over or not. Not a statement.

Cameltoe Chariot
14 minutes ago, Dennis said:

At least if you're gonna attack me, name me. Also my thread was only a question about whether the race is over or not. Not a statement.

Sis... :awkney: I....

tsmadison-laughing.gif

SevenWonder
4 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

This must be a mistake from them. I mean, it jumped from 135 to 169.

I just looked on Mojo. It does say WW is 169. WTF? How'd that happen? Not complaining. But how??

1 hour ago, SevenWonder said:

I just looked on Mojo. It does say WW is 169. WTF? How'd that happen? Not complaining. But how??

It’s a typo. Germany is listed at 56 million but it should say 5.6

16 hours ago, PutiKumi said:

Am I the only one not surprised about Kristen not being there? I didn't enjoy her acting at all :oops:

And this is huge for Gaga! Sh*t, it's only her second role! (to me it's her first though, ASIB was like watching a documentary about her life :cryga:)

it’s actually way more difficult to come across like a simple shy girl when you are a larger than life popstar. The believably of Gaga as a young girl next door who is picked out from obscurity needs to have a huge suspension of disbelief when the reality is so different. That people were shocked that it was Gaga in the trailers or shocked when they saw the movie shows her skills. To understand how difficult it is to achieve that suspension of disbelief try imagining Beyoncé or Nikki Minaj in the same role. 

Magic Mike
44 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

Wait… Jared Leto got nominated for best supporting actor? :wtf:

I’m with you but I’m thinking that maybe because he brought the ultimate camp to the film. He’s a walking caricature in HOG

RAYA.core

SAG this is the big one

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011

Archived