Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

[Nominated] SAG Awards Nominations Announcement

Dennis

Featured Posts

LIVE: https://www.instagram.com/sagawards/live/17932598518930063

The most important precursror is set to announce its nominees today. It's huge in determining whether Gaga is likely to get an Oscar nomination or not. If she misses here, she's done. If she gets here, then odds are on her side (regardless of BAFTA). So far she has hit all the precursors she needs. This is the last one she needs.

Nominations will be announced here today at 7:00 am PT/10:00 am ET: https://www.instagram.com/sagawards/

Countdown: https://w2.countingdownto.com/4017937

2019 SAG Awards

Lady-Gaga-Bradley-Cooper-2019-SAG-Awards

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Did she do a screening with SAG committee members?

Yes and it's Anne Thompson said it was well-received by SAG members.

I guess we'll know in a few hours.

Bradley
Just now, Dennis said:

Oh it's actually the first one we got to see.

LilyLark

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I think she and Cruz will both miss...Cruz might have enough juice to get an Oscar nom without a SAG nom but I don't believe Gaga will. Feinberg and others keep mentioning Zegler. She's great, but Gaga had just as much acclaim, if not more, and Cruz definitely had WAY more acclaim than Zegler. I'd argue Tessa Thompson and Renate Reinsive also had far more acclaim than Zegler. By the way, not trying to shade Zegler at all, I thought she was fantastic...but it's another example of how it's not just merit (she's charming and has the Spielberg factor). In Gaga's case, the film doing well (pandemic wise) at the box office will be a big help, etc.

Anyway, I imagine twitter will be very, very ugly (both fans and not fans).

LilyLark
40 minutes ago, Dennis said:

It seems like Gaga only showed up at a few SAG screenings though when Chastain was apparently showing up at a million (like Haim, etc.)

Edited: I hope I'm wrong though and Gaga does get nominated.. I mean Anne is hardly a fan of Gaga (lol) and isn't even objective about her and even she noted that SAG loved her...as did some other journalists.

Bradley
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

It seems like Gaga only showed up at a few SAG screenings though when Chastain was apparently showing up at a million (like Haim, etc.)

What are some others apart from the one I posted in this thread?

LilyLark
Just now, Bradley said:

What are some others apart from the one I posted in this thread?

Off the top of my head I don't know. I think one of the film critics tweeted about her, Al, and Leto being at a screening a few weeks ago...but that's about it from what I understand.

MelbHawker

I hope she gets it but I would not be surprised if she doesn’t - there’s so much competition. Hoping SAG come through with the nom, best of luck to her! 

I was thinking she's a slam dunk but reading your replies made me more nervous :bradley:

Why you guys say she's not getting it? I read she received 18 nominations so far this season. 

LateToCult
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I think she and Cruz will both miss...Cruz might have enough juice to get an Oscar nom without a SAG nom but I don't believe Gaga will. Feinberg and others keep mentioning Zegler. She's great, but Gaga had just as much acclaim, if not more, and Cruz definitely had WAY more acclaim than Zegler. I'd argue Tessa Thompson and Renate Reinsive also had far more acclaim than Zegler. By the way, not trying to shade Zegler at all, I thought she was fantastic...but it's another example of how it's not just merit (she's charming and has the Spielberg factor). In Gaga's case, the film doing well (pandemic wise) at the box office will be a big help, etc.

Anyway, I imagine twitter will be very, very ugly (both fans and not fans).

I don’t think Cruz is getting in at SAG. BAFTA is the precursor where she would be competitive to win (in my opinion) so I think she’s still in the Oscar conversation.

Bradley
36 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I was thinking she's a slam dunk but reading your replies made me more nervous :bradley:

Why you guys say she's not getting it? I read she received 18 nominations so far this season. 

I would say trust yourself. You seem like you read award forums and most probably have more insight than we do.

I don't know how to feel yet but I'm not exactly pessimistic either.

• Dennis changed the title to [Nominated] SAG Awards Nominations Announcement

Archived