💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

would you be here for Gaga going the pop princess route?

Dojo

Would you be here for it?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be here for this sound?

• Yes, POP PRINCESS KWEEN
    • No, it's beneath her.

Featured Posts

I said it before and i will say it again :excuseu:

i would love for Gaga to do something super pop! y2k sexy, pop with a dark twist

imagine something like this but with super top production, amazing lyrics, legendary pop visuals. 

nothing cheap or disposable, i mean y2k dream pop but properly done GOOD with Gaga's artistic vision and legendary talent. 

kinda like TFM but more POP and current

like a Pop Britney circa 2000s massive iconic pop era that everybody will remember 20 years from now.

No electro, no hyperpop, just POP maybe with a little bit of dance but POP

michael jackson thriller GIF

oops i did it again GIF

Like Michael Jackson meets Britney but with Gaga's iconic dark pop twist.

Full of symbology and iconography that will stand the test of time.

A full POP iconic moment that might be her last one before she goes into a more raw adult contemporary sound aka Joanne 2.0 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Inferno said:

I have to admit I don't entirely understand what you mean.... :interestinga:

i was getting confused while writing it too but i kept going anyways :cyanlights:

Inferno
4 minutes ago, dojo said:

i was getting confused while writing it too but i kept going anyways :cyanlights:

You want pure bubblegum pop I think right? Plastic Doll the album.

Werewolves Wanted
3 minutes ago, dojo said:

I love that level of blind dedication :giveup: sometimes you gotta commit.

i voted yes, but it would all depend on what it was! I’d love to hear something MJ esq from her, but I don’t know what that would entail. Regardless, I’ll check out whatever she releases. I’d just prefer it to be a part of a whole work rather than a droplet single like the cure. 

NFRatwell

Your example of a pop with a little bit of dance is a literal dance song with an electronic producer credited as a main artist :bear:

Just now, Inferno said:

You want pure bubblegum pop I think right? Plastic Doll the album.

yes but actually done good, something timeless, a pop masterpiece that even if is pure pop people with not make fun of like they do with plastic doll.

1 minute ago, NFRatwell said:

Your example of a pop with a little bit of dance is a literal dance song with an electronic producer credited as a main artist :bear:

well i think most pop are dance songs too? aren't michael and early britney songs dance pop? or just pop

Inferno
Just now, dojo said:

yes but actually done good, something timeless, a pop masterpiece that even if is pure pop people with not make fun of like they do with plastic doll.

Plastic Doll is honestly one of if not the best song on Chromatica and oddly enough one of the most personal. Its so wild to me that people disrespect it. Like... literally do not get it.

• Dojo changed the title to would you be here for Gaga going the pop princess route?
TheSlash

I think Gaga is way past the point making pure POP. I don't say she couldn't pull it off, but these last years she cemented her icon and legend status, so doing something overly "basic" again wouldn't feel right imo :awkney: .

I'd rather hear her exploring new territory, like a rock or Nu Metal album, or a full-blown experimental pop/ hyperpop album á la SOPHIE :pray: .

Ew, David!

2 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

so doing something overly "basic" again wouldn't feel right imo :awkney: .

fair enough :cyanlights:

enissa11

she already did it with chromatica, i mean that album has the best dance/house/techno songs by a contemporary pop artist ever with actually meaningful lyrics and well thought concept, so why doing it again?

Mad Architect of Light

Inferno
2 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

I think Gaga is way past the point making pure POP. I don't say she couldn't pull it off, but these last years she cemented her icon and legend status, so doing something overly "basic" again wouldn't feel right imo :awkney: .

I'd rather hear her exploring new territory, like a rock or Nu Metal album, or a full-blown experimental pop/ hyperpop album á la SOPHIE :pray: .

I believe if she wants to push the envelope with a pop record it can't be hyperpop. Its too expected and its not even her lane imo as much as people want it to be or say it is. A lot of the Chromatica detractors gripes with the album is that its not hyperpop, she didn't take it there etc. I feel like the core of her sound is a lot darker and more raw. She should tap into that goth/industrial vibe more than she ever has before imo.

tyler k
12 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Plastic Doll is honestly one of if not the best song on Chromatica and oddly enough one of the most personal. Its so wild to me that people disrespect it. Like... literally do not get it.

THANK YOU SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PPL IN THE BACK

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Archived