💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is This Performance For Real? 2021 EMAs Worst?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

I just stumbled across this mess :enigma:

Its especially bad when the second song starts

Shes dancing weird trying to be sexy, with really bad vocals that are also too loud for the microphone and creating static

I-

:rip:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

I dont get why Britney in 2007 was ripped to shreds so harshly over her MTV perforance when u literally have performances like this :air:

Economy
Just now, sarcamstic said:

i actually quite like this performance :poot: to each their own, i guess :vegas:

A few moments i guess were fine. But there were so many cringy movements, really bad vocals and...

that transition into the 2nd song... that was a bad start :fatcat:

Dayman

I mean Kim has never been known for being a dancer so I don't think anybody was getting their hopes up for the choreo. Her vocals have always been above average but nothing meant to "WOW" - and even if the choreo isn't amazing on her part, just actively moving around makes singing harder and you'll be hard pressed to find many who can sound amazing and do ANY choreo. In addition to that the mic is a headset which tend to not give the greatest audio quality - just compare something like The Monster Ball when Gaga switches between a headset and hand mic. So it gets very breathy and static filled from the equipment used. If there is ANYTHING about this performance that needs criticism its that flat green screen looking dress and Enigma esque bodysuit that was under it. They both were just not very nice looking and didn't appear to be well tailored to her shape the way they should have. She legit looks uncomfortable moving in them.

Shaney

I doubt this performance was planned very well from the get go

i don’t know why her new music is being rolled out like this. She might as well just sing Malibu or something because this is creating no hype 

Stephen

Um no lol this was a TRIUMPH for Kim.

This song is the pure bubblegum pop she's good at plus this tongue in cheek Katy Perry-esque sexuality. It's camp, it's silly, it's hilarious, it's sexy, it's gay, it's FUN.

Yes she's out of breath but her pitch is right. You can tell from her belts that she has a good voice. I appreciate an artist giving it their all on stage instead of phoning it in. Kim just recently started doing choreo, she's not a dancer. She's pushing herself and it's so exciting to witness her evolution.

This is a televised award show, and in Hungary (where the show was held) it's illegal to simulate gay sex or "propaganda" on TV so immediately following this performance Kim fled the country so she wouldn't be arrested. :air:

She's a QUEEN. Do not disrespect what she's doing for the culture. A transgender woman singing a song that celebrates her body and sexuality on national TV in a country where it's illegal is ICON SH!T. Stream Coconuts!

tatiana-thank-you.gif

How can you 'just' stumble across this when Coconuts and this performance has been one of the biggest things within the queer community lately? :flop:

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Um no lol this was a TRIUMPH for Kim.

This song is the pure bubblegum pop she's good at plus this tongue in cheek Katy Perry-esque sexuality. It's camp, it's silly, it's hilarious, it's sexy, it's gay, it's FUN.

Yes she's out of breath but her pitch is right. You can tell from her belts that she has a good voice. I appreciate an artist giving it their all on stage instead of phoning it in. Kim just recently started doing choreo, she's not a dancer. She's pushing herself and it's so exciting to witness her evolution.

This is a televised award show, and in Hungary (where the show was held) it's illegal to simulate gay sex or "propaganda" on TV so immediately following this performance Kim fled the country so she wouldn't be arrested. :air:

She's a QUEEN. Do not disrespect what she's doing for the culture. A transgender woman singing a song that celebrates her body and sexuality on national TV in a country where it's illegal is ICON SH!T. Stream Coconuts!

tatiana-thank-you.gif

This though.

Bradley

Am I the only one who prefers loud but occasionally breathy vocals over the ones that I can barely hear?

I hate it when sound engineers tone down the vocals so much that I can barely hear the singing.

Archived