celeb

DJWS: @ladygaga let's get back to work

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlastiscGuy

As much as I would like new Gaga music, I'm okay with not getting Act II. It's been years, she's clearly moved on and so should some of you. 

However, to say you don't want it because "it was a dark time for Gaga" is ironic, considering every new album Gaga claims the past era was too painful and traumatic for her. 

yawn-britney-spears.gif

PG.

M i K E Y

At this point I feel like fans need to let it rest and see what will happen (or not). We know that Gaga is aware of that ARTPOP thing. If she’s planning something for the near future (maybe 10th anniversary next year?) we’d all be happy and ARTPOP would get the closure it deserved. 
And if not, well then it’s also okay. She doesn’t owe us anything. 

Benji
59 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Although that doesn't mean everyone wants to go back there, as much as I'd love ARTPOP (Gaga's Version featuring Act 2) for the anniversary.

I think I would quite like this.  Many of the songs on ARTPOP sound like they’ve been held back from being better because they still had to be “pop” songs in production and length.  A re-release that removes those constraints and let’s the songs become their own beasts would be interesting but it would take a lot of convincing at Interscope.

Since it’s release, I’ve always thought Dawn Of Chromatica is closer to what ARTPOP should’ve been than what ARTPOP actually turned out to be.

PlastiscGuy
2 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

As much as I would like new Gaga music, I'm okay with not getting Act II. It's been years, she's clearly moved on and so should some of you. 

However, to say you don't want it because "it was a dark time for Gaga" is ironic, considering every new album Gaga claims the past era was too painful and traumatic for her. 

yawn-britney-spears.gif

And for the record, I'm not dragging Gaga. She has every right to write and sing about whatever she wants, especially if that helps her heal. 

But it's ironic that some of you claim to care about her mental health only to use it as an excuse to discredit her past works but forget it about it when it's convenient for you to demand more from her.

PG.

Roughhouse Dandy
12 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

No shade but what barriers ? I don't know a lot about music so maybe I'm missing some stuffs. :)

No shade taken 💜

Miss ma'am did exactly what she sought out to do; she bridged the gap between art and pop. Working with world renowned sculptures/painters, working with the Louvre when that was unheard of with pop stars. Similar to what she did with couture fashion earlier in her career. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

rinasawachanta
11 hours ago, Lucas said:

excuse me no, I don't want another overproduced soulless album of bad songs randomly thrown together with no cohesiveness like ARTPOP.

i said what i said!

the real T, thanks sis

ProfessionalClown
2 hours ago, PlastiscGuy said:

yawn-britney-spears.gif

I mean hell Gaga even said she doesn’t wanna perform a lot of chromatica stuff bc of how hard it was for her so yeah. She puts her heart and soul into every album

PartySick
11 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It actually disgusts me when I see fans fawn over that album. How on earth can you sit and say with a serious face that ARTPOP is a masterpiece when we have actual masterpieces like Born This Way, The Fame Monster, and, arguably, Chromatica. 

I think it's a masterpiece because it was my first era as a Monster.

Swine pulled me in to loving Gaga as a human because her speech before debuting the song resonated with me DEEP. It was like she took the words right out of my heart. I was a casual fan of The Fame, TFM, and BTW but nothing really hooked me until Swine.

Then Dope only expanded that feeling 'cause her singing about substance abuse and loneliness really hit me hard too.

Aura, Venus, G.U.Y., Sexxx Dreams, Jewels n' Drugs, MANiCURE, Do What U Want, Donatella, Fashion!, and Mary Jane Holland are all just really great, fun songs with interesting meanings or stories behind them.

Like dying her hair brown in Holland to walk among the common people 'cause she was stressed over her fame (MJH)

Rebuking the tabloids and standing proud in the face of criticism (DWUW).

Being misunderstood (Donatella, Aura).

Her sensuality and pride as a woman (Venus, G.U.Y., Sexxx Dreams).

Her pride in being a bad bitch (Fashion!)

Her having fun with her vanity (MANiCURE)

And a creative expression of both the importance of family, related and found, and of being one's genuine self (JnD)

ARTPOP (the song) has immaculate production that you can so easily find yourself lost in. I love the way she described the song as "all foreplay, no climax" too. And it really speaks to who she is as an artist - combining ART and POP in the spirit of creative rebellion. Does it sound pretentious? Yeah. But who cares? It's awesome :flutter:

I find Gypsy emotional too though I partially blame MJ for giving me that "we're one global family, we should love each other" thing :huntyga: thinking about all the people she's met around the world, all the people we talk to here and other places on social media. The lives we all touch. And the people important to us. Idk, it makes me feel all warm inside :wub:

And Applause may be one of her most genuine songs yet. Her life is on the stage and screen. Whether she's walking out of hotel rooms in million dollar avant garde outfits, playing an up-and-coming singer in a movie...or a killer in a TV show...then in another movie :poot: or slaying the gays at her shows, she LIVES for the applause. That song was born out of the depression she suffered post-hip break. The isolation and pain. The mourning over the BTWB. For as much of a bop as that song is the emotion behind it is really heavy.

I think most of us can agree that BTW or TFM are objectively more cohesive, maybe even more well made projects. But ARTPOP has a solid place in a lot of our hearts :wub:

🖤

enissa11
On 1/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, Lucas said:

She didn't break any barriers with ARTPOP :laughga: A lot of people act like ARTPOP is this revolutionnary ahead-of-its-time masterpiece but I'm still waiting to see any solid argument for that since 8/9 years

2022 and even fans still don't understand what ARTPOP is about, or maybe there's not enough interest to look closer at the work or listen to what gaga had to say about it.

Yes, a few songs were instrumentals already made that gaga liked and put them in the album, but ARTPOP it's precisely about exchange, it's not about saying look at me and what an amazing artist i am on my very own, it's about art built on community, she put those songs because their instrumentals inspired her to write songs and melodies on top of it that she thought would fit perfectly, it's about the artists, putting an instrumental from an israli artsy trance group or from a young french unknown artist into a massively commercial pop record and used them to tell her own honest story about addiction, loneliness, substance abuse and co-dependency, that's ARTPOP, an exchange, she even said that it's not about her at all, she said that she wanted the fine artists like Marina Abramovic, Jeff Koons and Robert Wilson to use her as a vehicle for their artistic dreams, to invade pop culture with art, not in an individualistic way, but highlighting the community, the collective, an exchange between artists, the haus of gaga, the tech haus, the artistic ensemble.

Even tho a lot of people here want to negate reality, ARTPOP is in fact a very revolutionary album, the philosophies behind it were really foward thinking and unmatched for a contemporary pop artist, she even made famous the unknown optical illusion work of a psychology proffesor by putting it in the back cover of the CD. But not only that, musically is far from recycled and a generic pop album, it's shamelessly pop but with twisted, off putting, and unconventional things that challenge the listener sonically and structurally enough to be artistic, it's literally ARTPOP, it's so energetic, it's a wild ride, it's really like a roller coaster, to this day i still haven't listened a pop album with the energy of ARTPOP, its lows and highs, it's immature but serious, it's messy, it's deep and shallow all at the same time, and it has soul, you can touch it but you have to you see it.
I recommend watching this interview:

Mad Architect of Light

Born This Way
14 hours ago, Admin said:

Sometimes I wish Infected Mushroom would have released a final version of this themselves :diane: They're so good and the mess that happened between them and Gaga/Zedd was rough.

I also agree that ARTPOP has been really weirdly hyped over TFM and BTW for the past couple of years. I think it got swept up in the hyperpop boom as a tertiary influence and not just Monsters began praising it. Like how stan twitter and tiktok are with Nicki, it feels a little disingenuous. It's like a sort of trend everyone wants to be in on.

And dare I say, I think DJWS using this sudden attention is a little cringe. But they did work together on ASIB so I think it's stupid to act like he's desperately hanging onto Gaga's coattails or something.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

KindnessPunk

I think its unfair to label DJWS as “desperate”, I think we forget how this album was a big moment for him and was also painful. ARTPOP was unique in this way, where the album was powerful for the lead producer and not just Gaga. 
and also I think we forget that Gaga and DJWS are friends…Gaga probably recognizes that this album meant alot to him too, and for that she’ll have a special place in her heart for it. Yes maybe he goes on about it alot but come on it’s something he worked on too. I don’t think any other producer of hers has ever been this vocal about how the album meant to them (yes RedOne talks about Gaga alot but not in the same way DJWS does) It really was a journey for the two of them :heart:

4 hours ago, PartySick said:

I think it's a masterpiece because it was my first era as a Monster.

Swine pulled me in to loving Gaga as a human because her speech before debuting the song resonated with me DEEP. It was like she took the words right out of my heart. I was a casual fan of The Fame, TFM, and BTW but nothing really hooked me until Swine.

Then Dope only expanded that feeling 'cause her singing about substance abuse and loneliness really hit me hard too.

Aura, Venus, G.U.Y., Sexxx Dreams, Jewels n' Drugs, MANiCURE, Do What U Want, Donatella, Fashion!, and Mary Jane Holland are all just really great, fun songs with interesting meanings or stories behind them.

Like dying her hair brown in Holland to walk among the common people 'cause she was stressed over her fame (MJH)

Rebuking the tabloids and standing proud in the face of criticism (DWUW).

Being misunderstood (Donatella, Aura).

Her sensuality and pride as a woman (Venus, G.U.Y., Sexxx Dreams).

Her pride in being a bad bitch (Fashion!)

Her having fun with her vanity (MANiCURE)

And a creative expression of both the importance of family, related and found, and of being one's genuine self (JnD)

ARTPOP (the song) has immaculate production that you can so easily find yourself lost in. I love the way she described the song as "all foreplay, no climax" too. And it really speaks to who she is as an artist - combining ART and POP in the spirit of creative rebellion. Does it sound pretentious? Yeah. But who cares? It's awesome :flutter:

I find Gypsy emotional too though I partially blame MJ for giving me that "we're one global family, we should love each other" thing :huntyga: thinking about all the people she's met around the world, all the people we talk to here and other places on social media. The lives we all touch. And the people important to us. Idk, it makes me feel all warm inside :wub:

And Applause may be one of her most genuine songs yet. Her life is on the stage and screen. Whether she's walking out of hotel rooms in million dollar avant garde outfits, playing an up-and-coming singer in a movie...or a killer in a TV show...then in another movie :poot: or slaying the gays at her shows, she LIVES for the applause. That song was born out of the depression she suffered post-hip break. The isolation and pain. The mourning over the BTWB. For as much of a bop as that song is the emotion behind it is really heavy.

I think most of us can agree that BTW or TFM are objectively more cohesive, maybe even more well made projects. But ARTPOP has a solid place in a lot of our hearts :wub:

I have a tear :bradley: I love ARTPOP :heart:

Archived