• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should work with Ava Max and release Act II thru her :giveup:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Inferno
11 hours ago, sarcamstic said:

i have a feeling gaga is ghosting him :awkney:

Literally came here to say this. Anytime i've seen him speak of her recently I really get the vibe shes been ghosting him. He even made this remark about people dropping you and part of me wondered if it was about her lol but I mean im sure he knows a million people so not everything is about our gags.

Inferno
1 minute ago, RainingOnMe said:

The amount of DJWS hate on here is extremely disappointing. Not surprised.

Tbh never understood the vitriol this fanbase throws his way. Its usually because of silly things like tweets and to me they were never even that bad like... idk. Most of the time hes just reacting normally to a rabid group of people coming at him lol

PropaGaga
5 hours ago, Admin said:

Especially considering that at least 3 songs on ARTPOP are Gaga singing over instrumentals the producers had made years prior for other artists.

Born This Way, The Fame Monster, and Chromatica are Gaga's masterpieces.

To be fair, there are songs on Chromatica that existed before Gaga wrote to them as well. I don't think a beat being previously pitched or recorded to by other artists has any bearing on the quality of material.

GagaUnderYou
6 hours ago, Admin said:

What demand?

Are you serious? The album charted 8 years after release, has an on going petition, and fans always asking for songs like TEA. That’s definitely a demand/interest among her fans. She was so passionate about ARTPOP and the vision for it. I’m surprised the Admin of GGD doesn’t see that, and only spreads negativity about this project. 

with the release of ACT II the ARTPOP era could finally get its closure and be done the way Gaga wants to do it. ARTPOP & Chromatica’s first week sales were pretty comparable if that’s what you’re measuring for success instead of honouring the artists creative vision.

I wouldn’t say this is her greatest work, but I appreciate her rebellious spirit during this time which has been missing for years. Chromatica seemed like a cheap attempt to please the pop fans, hence why she clearly abandoned the album after release. That’s more of Bloodpops project with Lady Gaga’s vocals, than her album. ARTPOP was the last time we got to see her in her artistic element. 

Admin
37 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

To be fair, there are songs on Chromatica that existed before Gaga wrote to them as well. I don't think a beat being previously pitched or recorded to by other artists has any bearing on the quality of material.

I agree, but I don't mean writing to an existing idea or beat, of course it will happen when you collaborate with a producer and not every song has to start at a piano—but the instrumentals of MJH and Donatella are pretty much identical to the versions that existed years before ARTPOP, which is really weird to me, especially considering that fans refer to the album as her most artistic and groundbreaking.

I know Sine was an old scrapped idea for an Elton song, and I think 1000 Doves was written a while ago, but judging from the demos we've heard, I think every song went through many major changes, no?

Admin
1 minute ago, GagaUnderYou said:

Are you serious? The album charted 8 years after release, has an on going petition, and fans always asking for songs like TEA. That’s definitely a demand/interest among her fans. She was so passionate about ARTPOP and the vision for it. I’m surprised the Admin of GGD doesn’t see that, and only spreads negativity about this project. 

with the release of ACT II the ARTPOP era could finally get its closure and be done the way Gaga wants to do it. ARTPOP & Chromatica’s first week sales were pretty comparable if that’s what you’re measuring for success instead of honouring the artists creative vision.

It did not chart. The week fans got it to #1 on iTunes (because iTunes sales are dead) it didn't even sell enough to go #199 on Billboard. 

Lady Gaga has tens/hundreds of millions of fans, and what 100 stans on Twitter want is no way representative of what her fanbase wants.

Also, ARTPOP & Chromatica's 2013 and 2021 first week sales are in no way comparable.

Admin
2 hours ago, Benji said:

ARTPOP is easily Gaga’s weakest album.  The production is soulless and sounds sanitised.  DJWS redeemed himself with A Star Is Born but I do not want Gaga returning to him unless he was a co-producer.  His work on Born This Way is good but when left to produce on his own, he makes more duds than good songs.

As much as this whole Act 2 nonsense annoys me, DJWS really is a fantastic producer & great artist.

Here's his solo work and it's weird, artistic, and really great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKfpjDlPMNk

I also feel like his songs on Born This Way are the most well-done and interesting production wise (Bloody Mary, Government Hooker). 

Zilla

He just keeps bringing it up for attention and y’all feeding into it. Put your money where your mouth is already we done 

𝙾'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚱 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

PropaGaga
45 minutes ago, Admin said:

I know Sine was an old scrapped idea for an Elton song, and I think 1000 Doves was written a while ago, but judging from the demos we've heard, I think every song went through many major changes, no?

Production wise, yes. I think all the songs went through changes because the album took on a different sound, but even the "Sour Candy" demo is lyrically the same track minus Gaga's verse. And from what I know, Elton's original version of "Sine" isn't that much different either lyrically. Of course Gaga added in her parts, and this isn't to say she's not involved in the tracks, but it's a slippery slope when it comes to suggesting a project might not be as good just because something had a previous life. This is just something I notice a lot in regards to fans talking about ARTPOP vs her other albums, not necessarily a reflection of what you were saying specifically.

Personally, I think the ARTPOP hype we see these days is more about the potential it didn't live up to because Gaga just wasn't in the best space mentally and was dealing with a lot back then. And alot of fans didn't appreciate what it was then and they are trying to compensate for it with this Act 2 campaign. I know Gaga and the people around her feel the same way about the album, that it was treated unfairly and there was a promise of something bigger that never came. Although that doesn't mean everyone wants to go back there, as much as I'd love ARTPOP (Gaga's Version featuring Act 2) for the anniversary.

Benji
1 hour ago, Admin said:

As much as this whole Act 2 nonsense annoys me, DJWS really is a fantastic producer & great artist.

Here's his solo work and it's weird, artistic, and really great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKfpjDlPMNk

I also feel like his songs on Born This Way are the most well-done and interesting production wise (Bloody Mary, Government Hooker). 

I’m not really here for his solo work, I gave it a go back during the ARTPOP era but it’s a bit lack lustre to me.

EDM isn’t really my kind of dance music.  I much prefer House, Garage and D&B plus their subgenres to EDM, which is probably why I like Chromatica so much as Bloodpop samples and references them.

If Gaga did want to go down an experimental EDM route again, there’s far more ambitious, experimental and all around better artists in my opinion.

Archived